PDA

View Full Version : New CD-Mama question

Grower08
11-09-2009, 09:05 AM
So far our cleaning process has been going well - we collect in a dry pail, always wash at the end of the day, using a TINY bit of soap with hot water on medium level with a cold water rinse, heavy duty cycle. So far so good... though we do not use the cloth at night. dd pees a lot! (But then again, :bag I've never tried it, so I'll have to work up the courage to do it.)

What does "stripping" your diapers mean? When do you have to do it?

What is your diaper cleaning process??

sarainseattle
11-09-2009, 09:28 AM
Stripping is a process to remove extra residues from your diapers. You really only need to this if you notice your diapers are foul-smelling. There are as many different stripping methods as people, almost, but I wouldn't worry about them until/if you need to strip your diapers.

As for my laundry routine, I do a short cold rinse cycle followed by a hot cycle with an extra rinse. Then usually I throw mine in the dryer, except rarely when they are line-dried.

kandykidsaturn
11-09-2009, 04:33 PM
:popcorn

2sunshines
11-09-2009, 07:45 PM
:yes Don't worry about stripping unless you have a problem. If your diapers start stinking, then come back and we can talk about stripping. ;) But like the pp said, it's to remove residue from your diaper leftover from regular washing.

The only thing that I would personally add to your diaper washing routine is a cold rinse first. A cold rinse helps pull out all the smell and stain whereas hot at first can help set them.

My wash routine is cold rinse, warm/hot wash, cold rinse. Prefold/flats/fitteds/inserts in dryer, covers (or anything with PUL) hang to dry.