PDA

View Full Version : Diaper Swappers

dukeofhazzard
10-30-2009, 07:57 AM
So is diaperswappers a good place to buy CD's and accessories? I'm overwhelmed by the choices and prices, and figured if I wanted to try some things out, used would be the way to go.

Has anyone had any bad experiences there?

toastedsalmon
10-30-2009, 08:01 AM
:popcorn

Katigre
10-30-2009, 08:02 AM
I've bought/sold on there for three years and had nothing but good experiences :).

relizabeth
10-30-2009, 08:02 AM
I've had only good experiences there. Buying and selling. :)

Serafine
10-30-2009, 08:15 AM
I haven't bought diapers, but I bought some carriers there...good experiences!

relizabeth
10-30-2009, 08:20 AM
I'm always sure to check a seller's reputation. If they have a lot of good ratings I will work with them.

JuneBug
10-30-2009, 09:29 AM
I had a bad experience, but I don't think that's the norm.

A lady was selling a slew of Kissaluvs at a great price, so I pm'ed her and asked if she had sold them yet and that I was interested in purchasing. She wrote back probably around midnight (I was asleep) that she hadn't had anyone interested, and would need my zipcode to calculate shipping costs to add to the total. I emailed her at 6am the next morning with the info. She wrote back later that evening that she had sold them to someone else since it took me so long to respond. We were in the same time zone, so I really didn't get it. I was kinda ticked.

We went with prefolds instead.

LadybugSam
10-30-2009, 09:31 AM
Ive always had a good experience there

Castle On A Cloud
10-30-2009, 09:39 AM
I used to buy alot over there, now I just sell. Like anywhere else, you (general you, not *you* you) are bound to have a few bad situations. Overall, it is a great place to find things for reasonable prices:)

sarainseattle
10-30-2009, 08:41 PM
I've had mostly good experiences, just one bad one. Just be careful to do your research. Many of the diapers aren't a deal once you factor in shipping--some are going for almost as much as brand new diapers once you add in shipping, especially if it's a "hot" diaper

Quiteria
10-30-2009, 08:47 PM
I've had good experiences. I was active enough for a while to hear of others getting ripped off, though, so I do check the seller's reputation. But it is more common to find out that the mama selling the diapers is a nice normal person like you, and everything is good, and the diapers are accurately described, and ship in a reasonable amount of time. Make sure the items are pictured, and glance around to be sure the mama posts a little, and check the reputation....but those are things I would do before any purchase online, not just diaperswappers.

dukeofhazzard
10-31-2009, 11:06 AM
Thanks ladies! It sounds like the site itself is on the "up and up", and you just have to check the seller's reputation. I appreciate all the input!

2sunshines
10-31-2009, 08:35 PM
Yea, the site itself is good, but you're dealing with individual people when you buy/sell, not the site, kwim? There are lots of horrible experiences and horror stories to be told, but there are also tons of great success stories. Look at feedback, take precautions to protect yourself, read up on things that can/have gone wrong for other people and learn how to do things safely.

I used to buy/sell a lot there. I personally have had only good experiences. However, I have found that I generally prefer to do most of my buying and selling in other capacities, such as in online communities where I am more familiar with the people that I am transacting with, beyond just the buying/selling aspect.

Yuliana
10-31-2009, 09:48 PM
I wouldn't buy there anymore, I actually go to www.clothdiapernation.com. It was a site opened after DS went bad.
Posted via Mobile Device

Amythestmama
10-31-2009, 09:55 PM
:) I do alot of buying/selling there. I have had mostly good experiences, one bad where the lady said the ditto daddy trainers were "like new, no issues" and she wanted more than I thought they were worth. But I thought we'd try them and so I went against my gut and bought them. Bad choice on my part. They were NOT like new. VERY VERY used and not made that well to begin with- lots of areas where the stitching missed the trim, holes left where they didn't catch all the fabric.:hunh I was afraid to buy again for a long while but the next time was really good so I guess, you take the goo with the bad.:shrug3

sothisislove
10-31-2009, 10:38 PM
I found the site hard to navigate....but got some cute dipes!

mamamonkey
11-01-2009, 05:46 PM
I have bought/sold/traded on DS. My recommendation is to always ask for pictures of items. And, if the pics they send you don't look right or are blurry, ask for better ones. If they really want to sell it, they'll oblige. Definitely check feedback.