PDA

View Full Version : Tips for washing meconium?

BearyBlessed
10-26-2009, 06:43 PM
I have been planning to use cloth from the beginning with this little one. We did the same with Punkin, but we were in the hospital for 3 days. They got to deal with the icky poo. :shifty

Are there any tips for getting it out of diapers? I will be using mostly/all prefolds. Or, should I use sposies for a couple days?
Will the olive oil or coconut oil that is recommended for using on baby's tushie ruin my diapers?

sarainseattle
10-26-2009, 10:52 PM
the olive oil won't hurt the diapers, but to be honest I never had any problem with the meconium coming out of the diapers either. I'd go ahead and use cloth from the start :)

BeckaBlue
10-27-2009, 12:35 AM
it rinses out clean :)

Sihaya48
10-27-2009, 04:29 AM
We also didn't have any issues getting the meconium out, but if you want, you can cut up some flannel to use as inserts and not have to worry about them getting ruined or oily. I plan on doing that this time around just to see if there's a noticeable difference.

BearyBlessed
10-27-2009, 09:08 AM
:congrats Steph!! I must have missed your announcement. :heart

Thank you ladies. That will make things easy. :yes

zak
10-27-2009, 09:09 AM
I just put them straight into the washer, no issues at all - no staining even. :tu (and F had something like 20+ poos the first 2 days or so).

Iansmama
10-27-2009, 10:54 AM
I just put them straight into the washer, no issues at all - no staining even. :tu (and F had something like 20+ poos the first 2 days or so).

Yep, that. :yes