PDA

View Full Version : BG stinkies. Need FL help!

mamamonkey
10-16-2009, 06:56 PM
I've been CDing DS since he was 2 weeks old. We use BG 2.0 AIOs and some others. The ones I'm having the problem with are the BGs. We moved in July and the house we moved into had a front loader washer (I had a top loader previously). Since we've been here, I've been fighting the stinkies battle with my BGs. They do NOT stink coming out of the dryer. They only stink when he pees in them. This is what I have done so far.

Wash routine-Rinse in cold, full wash in hot/cold rinse with no detergent, wash with BioKleen detergent in hot/cold rinse with extra rinse. I do frequently sun my dipes since I am OCD about stains.

I have tried the following things to help with the stinkies.
1. Added bleach to detergent cycle, per BG directions. This usually works, but hasn't seemed to yet.
2. Done a stripping cycle in the washer after the cold rinse with Dawn, then followed rest of wash routine.
3. Tried Bac-Out in wash.
4. As I mentioned, they have all been sunned at some point.

The only thing left I can think to do is to strip them all in the sink individually with Dawn which is what I had to do when he had the allergic reaction to Charlie's soap to get rid of the Charlie's soap. This, of course, is time consuming and a pain, but if that's the only thing that will work, I'll do it.

Help! Any suggestions??

MtnMama
10-16-2009, 07:00 PM
use less detergent. :sigh I'm sure of it. :doublesigh

Also, be sure you're using 'approved' detergent: http://www.pinstripesandpolkadots.com/detergentchoices.htm (Yuliana posted this link a year or more ago and I refer to it often! :tu)

EDIT: The site said this: Biokleen has caused trouble with pocket type diaper.

I learned from 2sunshines that if the dipe is stinky coming out of the dryer, you didn't use enough detergent. If it waits to be stinky after the pee, the pee is reacting to the detergent that didn't get washed out.

What I did (and I ended up having problems with my washer itself -- it didn't spin properly) was keep washing it over and over w/o soap until they were totally free of soap.