PDA

View Full Version : How do I prep two lonely hemp inserts?

TeacherAmy
10-15-2009, 11:53 AM
I'm a CD newbie and getting ready for our baby arriving in a few weeks!! :) I've done the prepping for just about all the cloth diapers so far--largely PFs and some newborn fitteds--but I have these two hemp inserts. I know they need about 150 washings before they're ready, LOL, so I'm not sure what to do for just two of them.

Do any of you have any suggestions on this? Thank you!!

mamamonkey
10-15-2009, 07:12 PM
I *think* you can boil them. I do know that after they've been washed a couple of times they can be thrown in with anything else since most of the oils will be gone. I'm definitely not the hemp expert as my DS HATES it next to his skin. So we didn't last long with anything hemp.

relizabeth
10-15-2009, 07:17 PM
Yep--boil 'em for fifteen minutes. And welcome to GCM!

2sunshines
10-16-2009, 07:56 AM
:yes Definitely boil them.

TeacherAmy
10-22-2009, 07:05 AM
Thank you for your help! (I didn't get the message that anyone replied, so my apologies for being late in thanks.)

So... will 10 minutes or so do it? I just finished boiling all the breast pump equipment, so I'm still in boiling mode! LOL

2sunshines
10-25-2009, 06:20 PM
Just seeing this now so I'm guessing you already are done with the boiling. I've never timed it, it's just a guess thing for me. :giggle

How did it work out?

TeacherAmy
10-26-2009, 06:33 AM
You're so sweet! I boiled them for, hmm, about 15 minutes, I think. I'll try to wash them a few more times when I start doing cloth diapers and see if that did the trick.

Glad I did it while DH was gone, since Emily was curious enough about why I was boiling "stuffs". :)