PDA

View Full Version : Econobum from cottonbabies

illinoismommy
09-30-2009, 07:15 PM
http://www.cottonbabies.com/product_info.php?cPath=138&products_id=2119

wow that's really something, I mean, too cheap.... thoughts? how thin are these prefolds? :scratch

great name though... econobum :giggle

TuneMyHeart
09-30-2009, 07:17 PM
Interesting

MtnMama
09-30-2009, 07:40 PM
Surely the dipes aren't worth a hoot. No way! :think But if they are...

Did some looking and the dipes get good press (even an award)... but I'm not finding consumer reviews... hmmm..

Blue-EyedLady
09-30-2009, 07:43 PM
Those covers are just what I've been looking for though. Prefolds and one-size covers would be the perfect way to deal with 2 LOs in dipes.

aleigh
09-30-2009, 07:56 PM
Surely the dipes aren't worth a hoot. No way! :think But if they are...

Did some looking and the dipes get good press (even an award)... but I'm not finding consumer reviews... hmmm..

they don't have any consumer reviews because they're not actually out yet. they also have another new dipe- flips:
http://www.cottonbabies.com/index.php?cPath=139

I'm going to try these when they come out. They don't even have a sample to look at in the store yet- I asked the last time I was there (which was Tuesday).

TuneMyHeart
09-30-2009, 08:00 PM
Those flips look kinda of like g-diapers.

I think Cottonbabies is trying to take over the CD industry. :lol

MtnMama
09-30-2009, 08:01 PM
Oh, that makes sense! :doh

ETA: they really look great... I'll be watching with keen interest. I'm skeptical of the low price.

knitlove
10-01-2009, 06:51 AM
Those flips look kinda of like g-diapers.

I think Cottonbabies is trying to take over the CD industry. :lol
oh my right down to the pacageing I wonder if the gdiaper attorneys have seen them.

2sunshines
10-01-2009, 11:05 AM
I'm wondering if I'm missing something. It doesn't seem like that great of a deal to me. :shrug3 $50 for a dozen prefolds and 3 one size covers. I mean, it's a decent deal, but nothing extraordinary. Prefolds already exist. Calling them one size isn't that novel of an idea -- it's just marketing. Really, any larger size prefold is one size if you fold it right. And one size covers aren't new.

:think

So, what am I missing?

Blue-EyedLady
10-01-2009, 11:15 AM
One size covers that I've seen run $13-15 apiece, so that is $39-45 just for the covers. Prefolds are $2-3 each, so, that's $24-36 for a set. Seems like a deal to me. :shrug

2sunshines
10-01-2009, 06:28 PM
Prefolds at Little Lions (one of the best places imo) are between $16 and $20 for a dozen, even cheaper if you buy clearance. :yes

If you shop around, you can get one sized covers for about $10 - $12 (shopping sales and using discount codes -- I recently helped my sister buy 4 brand new thirsties one size covers for $40, suggested retail on them are $12.75 so even a minor sale could get you down to the $12 mark). $12 times 3 = $36, leaving $14 for a dozen prefolds. So yea, you may save $2-$5 (at retail, even less of a savings if you're a great sale shopper) for an unknown product. Could their prefolds be better than little lions? Possibly. If that's the case, then it might be a good deal. Could they be inferior? Absolutely they could be. :think

So, honestly, still not that great of a deal to me. :shrug3

A decent deal, sure. Saves you having to shop around. But a great deal? I still don't see it.

MtnMama
10-01-2009, 06:33 PM
Well, it says you save money right there on the box! :sillygrin

2sunshines
10-01-2009, 06:34 PM
Well, it says you save money right there on the box! :sillygrin

:haha

You're right. I conceed. :doh

:giggle

Blue-EyedLady
10-01-2009, 11:02 PM
Prefolds at Little Lions (one of the best places imo) are between $16 and $20 for a dozen, even cheaper if you buy clearance. :yes

If you shop around, you can get one sized covers for about $10 - $12 (shopping sales and using discount codes -- I recently helped my sister buy 4 brand new thirsties one size covers for $40, suggested retail on them are $12.75 so even a minor sale could get you down to the $12 mark). $12 times 3 = $36, leaving $14 for a dozen prefolds. So yea, you may save $2-$5 (at retail, even less of a savings if you're a great sale shopper) for an unknown product. Could their prefolds be better than little lions? Possibly. If that's the case, then it might be a good deal. Could they be inferior? Absolutely they could be. :think

So, honestly, still not that great of a deal to me. :shrug3

A decent deal, sure. Saves you having to shop around. But a great deal? I still don't see it.

Wow - you'll have to tell me how you scored those thirsties! I haven't mastered the art of buying dipes online.

MtnMama
10-02-2009, 05:01 AM
Wow - you'll have to tell me how you scored those thirsties! I haven't mastered the art of buying dipes online.

I know, really! I did a triple-take at the one-size thirsties at 10 bucks a piece. :highfive

2sunshines
10-02-2009, 07:38 AM

I know. It was a killer deal. My sister specifically wanted those covers so I checked out all the stores I knew off hand. Then went to diaper pin to see who was having sales. It was when they first came out so lots of sales on them. I finally found the cheapest place, which was a great deal as is, THEN googled to see if there were any coupon codes. Which there was. :rockon Which made it a KILLER deal. I was shocked at the deal too. :yes So yes, while that price won't be easily replicable (I rarely find deals THAT good), given that the suggested retail is $12.75, I imagine it would be realistic to be able to get them on sale for $12 (which is the number I used above to run my cost analysis :giggle ).