PDA

View Full Version : so thrilled!

passthemanna
09-19-2009, 12:42 PM
this is just a quick note to encourage anyone that might be curious about letting their little one go diaper-less, but hasn't given it a try for whatever reason.
ok...so we've been doing a kind of lazy EC w/DS for about 10 months now (since he was 2-3 months old). We've been trying to pick up on cues as well as teaching him to signal us by pulling on his ear, we've had success w/him using the potty several times each day, at least as often as he uses his diaper. but the whole time I was never brave enough to let him go diaper-less. At the beginning of this week he had some funky poop issues which resulted in a diaper rash bad enough to make me decide to let him go diaperless overnight. He peed on the kitchen floor a couple times, but after that I got better at picking up on his signals sooner. All this week he's been going diaperless as soon as we get home until we leave to go babysit (so around 15+ hours) - with only 2 real "accidents" (which were my fault anyway)!! :clap Maybe it's just my imagination, but this actually feels easier than diapers, and he seems happier!

amyhntr2
09-19-2009, 12:48 PM
:clap Alright! That's so exciting! I would like to take the plunge too but since Bella is only four months old, i feel like i don't see many of her cues. Maybe when she's a bit older. So glad you're getting even more in tune with your lo!

passthemanna
09-19-2009, 12:59 PM
:clap Alright! That's so exciting! I would like to take the plunge too but since Bella is only four months old, i feel like i don't see many of her cues. Maybe when she's a bit older. So glad you're getting even more in tune with your lo!

Have you read "Diaper-Free" by Ingrid Bauer? I just got this book, I haven't finished reading it, but it helped tremendously and actually has me very excited about starting natural infant hygeine from the start w/our next baby. I think in many ways it's easier to start before a baby is mobile. :)

2sunshines
09-21-2009, 06:51 AM
:rockon

amyhntr2
09-27-2009, 07:21 PM
Have you read "Diaper-Free" by Ingrid Bauer? I just got this book, I haven't finished reading it, but it helped tremendously and actually has me very excited about starting natural infant hygeine from the start w/our next baby. I think in many ways it's easier to start before a baby is mobile. :)

I did read that and really liked it. It was before Bella was born so I'm sure another read through would be great for me to refresh my memory. I thought about what you said and it being easier before she's more mobile, so we had a lot more diaper free time the other day (staying with the in-laws right now so just did it while they were away at work :giggle in order to keep the :jawdrop reactions to a minimum) There wasn't one accident and I really liked that it forced me to respond to her cues a lot better...although I still don't feel like I see her cues for peeing...relying more on timing for those.

Thanks for the encouragement to try it. So far so good :D

passthemanna
09-29-2009, 06:49 AM
I did read that and really liked it. It was before Bella was born so I'm sure another read through would be great for me to refresh my memory. I thought about what you said and it being easier before she's more mobile, so we had a lot more diaper free time the other day (staying with the in-laws right now so just did it while they were away at work :giggle in order to keep the :jawdrop reactions to a minimum) There wasn't one accident and I really liked that it forced me to respond to her cues a lot better...although I still don't feel like I see her cues for peeing...relying more on timing for those.

Thanks for the encouragement to try it. So far so good :D

:rockon awesome! I'm trying to find more copies of Diaper Free to lend out & give away.
I'm not very good at picking up the pee cues either...and I think we're experiencing some setbacks because DS started walking about 1 month ago & he's got his molars coming in. We're still going diaper-less when we are at home. I try to rely on timing- but sometimes he doesn't pee for 2-3 hours and sometimes he goes 3 times an hour :shrug3 He's only wet the bed twice in 2 weeks and both nights I was overly tired, so I probably just slept through him squirming. I was so proud the other day- I didn't pick up any signals but DS ran to the bathroom & peed on the floor & was really proud of himself after- easy cleanup & it shows he's got the right idea!:clap