PDA

View Full Version : getting 2 yo to sleep in

tigerlily
09-16-2009, 06:44 AM
just a bit -- I'm getting tired of waking at 6 am.:yawn

This morning was 5:30 and then she nursed for 2 hours! She goes to bed well -- is night weaned, but we usually rock her to sleep then lay her down. She fusses around midnight and I usually get her down again, although sometimes it can take up to 1 hr. She sometimes sleeps the rest of the night, but often will wake up at some point, and have a snack (in the bedroom, in the dark) and then I put her back down. this can take 20 min to an hour. Sometimes I try to get her down w/o the snack, but that can lead to her being up 2 hours. :hunh and I usually do nurse her at that point to get her back down out of desperation.

Anyway, how can I encourage her to sleep longer? Anyway to wean her off the midnight snacks?

If you can't give me any advice, please just send coffee.:shifty

klpmommy
09-16-2009, 07:00 AM
sending coffee.....

P still gets up way too early. It was the best "gift" ever when he got old enough to go to the family room by himself, turn on the tv & get a breakfast snack w/o my help. :shifty

mollobe
09-16-2009, 07:00 AM
Sorry, can't help with the snacks...we just hand DS a sippy cup of water and he drinks a few big gulps and goes back to sleep. :shrug3 What time does she go to bed? Does she nap during the day and for how long and what time?

Here you go! :cup

TuneMyHeart
09-16-2009, 07:05 AM
6 am is late here. Ellie has been up at 4:30 the last 3 days :-/. When she started waking up really early (6 am at the time), we finally gave up and put her to bed at 6 pm.

We are in the process of once again trying to keep her up late and encourage her to sleep a little later. It probably won't work, but 4:30 is ridiculous. :yawn

CapeTownMommy
09-16-2009, 07:07 AM
:popcorn we have a 5am waketime here.

tigerlily
09-16-2009, 08:07 AM
I knew you nay-sayers with even earlier wakers would chime in.;)

She takes an early nap (if I have any say about it) and goes to bed at 8:30. She'll fall asleep in about 30 min or less. The problem is if she rouses just slightly, she'll wake and be restless for an hour or so, which means I can't go back to bed for a while.:-/ It gets annoying.

I've tried turning on a show one morning and going back to bed...she didn't bite.:doh She's not much of a tv fan.