PDA

View Full Version : She keeps waking up her sister :banghead

WI Mama05
09-16-2009, 05:19 AM
I didn't know where to post this, but put it here becuase of the different ages :shrug3. Feel free to move if there's a more appropriate place.

DD2 is 3.5. She is a VEEEEEEEEEERY early riser. We're talking 5:30 on a regular basis. DD1 is nearly 6 and *used* to rise early, but recently has taken to staying up later and sleeping in to 7-8 :giggle.

DD2 and DD1 share a room. DH and I sleep with baby in ours. Typically, DD2 comes into our room when I'm nursing DD3 back down so I whisper to her to go back to her bed until I come get her. I always get up and go get her. We go downstairs and she watches a video while I do devotions, coffee, GCM :shifty and we wait for DD1 to wake up.

The last two days, DD2 has been waking DD1 up at 5 am :banghead . I'm seriously angry about this. DD1 is SOOOOOOOO cranky when she doesn't get enough sleep. It makes me bonkers b/c I'm already dealing with needy DD3 and don't feel like parenting DD1 this way on top of it :bag :mutter

HELP! I don't know what to do. I talked to her, but she doens't get it and is at that age where "words are magic" so tells me she didn't do it and blah blah which makes me more frustrated :mad.

Firebird Rising
09-20-2009, 08:03 PM
:bump for you. Not sure if I can think of anything good to say but :hugheart

TuneMyHeart
09-20-2009, 08:07 PM
No suggestions, just :hugheart and :cup

AK gets up early because she hears Ellie. :bite What's up with these 3.5 year olds who think 5 am is MORNING? :lol

WI Mama05
09-21-2009, 04:50 AM
No suggestions, just :hugheart and :cup

AK gets up early because she hears Ellie. :bite What's up with these 3.5 year olds who think 5 am is MORNING? :lol

I dunno, but I've heard it's been happening to people IRL around here too.

She has gotten better the past few days after lots and LOTS of telling her to NOT WAKE UP HER SISTERS!!!!! Hopefully it keeps up.

swimming with sharks
09-21-2009, 06:03 AM
Can you let her snuggle in with you and the baby while you're nursing so she doesn't go back in and wake up the other sister? Can you have a snack/stack of books ready for her in a snuggly spot. I'm thinking corner of your room or hallway so she can hang out while you're finishing up with baby. :hug2 DD1 is a SUPER early riser :yawn and always has been she comes right in and gets QUIETLY in with us, but we had a LONG spell of her being LOUD when she was getting into bed with us. DH would take her back to her room despite screaming and fits and stay with her there. The rule is if you can't be quiet in the room you're in, you must leave. Easier said when you have 2 people than when you're wrangling three on your own. :hugheart

WI Mama05
09-21-2009, 06:22 AM
She does *try* to be quiet. She will sneak into our room and tell me she has to potty (that's how I know she's there LOL!). I can usually ask her to either go or lead her out if baby is asleep, but if I'm trying to nurse her back down she gets lonely and I think that's when she wakes up her sister. She doesn't do well alone in the house. DD1 I could send to watch tv with a snack and doze a bit longer, DD2-not so much.