PDA

View Full Version : Bummis Super Whisper Wraps...and other cd q's

luvinmama
09-01-2009, 04:33 PM
I posted a few days ago about some problems I was having regarding Bumgenius' 3.0 pocket diapers. My dd was having significant rash and yeast problems with them, after using them for about 3-4 month exclusively. From what I've learned since then from some of you and other general research I've done, I think I am going to go with the good ol' prefolds and covers and try some wool occasionally too. I found some stuff on craigslist today, and was wondering if you guys had a preference or opinions for me before I buy....

Bummis super whisper wraps, 5 white covers for $25. Are these good wraps?

Polarbabies fleece diaper covers...$7.50 each....do I use a prefold inside these?

Prowraps....3 for $10. Are these comparable to Bummis?

I really want to keep the cost down, and make some $$ back from selling bumgenius. I'm fine with basic cloth diapers, but also don't want to have a lot of problems with leaks, etc. I think this stash would be alright for now, after I get some prefolds too of course. I might get a couple wool covers soon too if I can find them for a reasonable price. I'm also staying away from synthetic fibers due to my dd's sensitive skin. Is fleece something that's usually recommended? Oh, I'm also thinking about hemp liners or organic all in ones....assuming I can find them for a cheap price. Any comments are welcomed and appreciated!

Thanks mamas!

AngelaVA
09-01-2009, 05:17 PM
Assuming they are in good condition I would buy the Bummis and find some wool somewhere to try. Maybe try one of the polar bummis too although that price is not as good for used unless it is in really good condition. Since you are having rash issues with your pockets I wouldn't go too crazy buying PUL covers until you know those won't be problematic and Bummis and Prowraps are both PUL. PMed you a link you might want to check out if you want to try a wool cover too.

SortaCrunchy
09-01-2009, 05:23 PM
yes, I agree with Angela - I would ease into the PUL covers like BSWW - just to make sure. Fleece is a great breathable option and there are lots of options with wool. Maybe start with the Proraps and see if you have PUL issues? Proraps are a good sturdy basic cover. Nothing fancy but should work fine. I never trifolded prefolds with proraps, though - I always folded and pinned on with those (I can't work a Snappi to save my life). I could easily trifold a prefold in a BSWW though.

Waterlogged
09-01-2009, 07:17 PM
If you really want to let things air out, you could get snappis and let your LO run around coverless...I've got some BSWW and like them, and that's a pretty good price. My mom made me 2 polar fleece covers and I don't use them as much as I thought I would. I also got some fleece nighttime covers for super cheap off CL and I haven't used those at all. Wool scares me due to the care involved.

Depending on where you live, you might be able to find fleece pjs or bottoms for nighttime and just go coverless...

Katigre
09-01-2009, 08:53 PM
For that price I would be concerned about wicking issues.

I personally think the proraps might be better (though I don't like their fit).

My favorite covers are Thirsties. They're bulletproof!

SortaCrunchy
09-02-2009, 05:19 AM
Yes, I have to say I've tried LOTS of PUL covers and Thirsties were my favorites, hands-down. You might be able to find them cheaper than brand new if you are shopping new. Have you looked at diaperswappers dot com at all?

Waterlogged
09-02-2009, 05:49 AM
I love our Thristies too, but they seem to run big.

zak
09-02-2009, 06:56 AM
I got my Bummies wraps 2nd hand from a GCMer ( :heart ), and they are awesome! :)

luvinmama
09-08-2009, 03:20 PM
anyone have any experience with kushies, all in ones? i found 5 for $20 on craigslist....they have fleece and cotton lining inside....

dukeofhazzard
09-27-2009, 01:57 PM
anyone have any experience with kushies, all in ones? i found 5 for $20 on craigslist....they have fleece and cotton lining inside....

:popcorn

Nope, but I'd love to hear some experiences with them... my friend is loaning me her ENTIRE stash (!!!!) and they're all kushies.

2sunshines
09-27-2009, 05:41 PM

I'd personally pass. I've never tried them personally but have heard tons of bad reviews on them. Imo, there's a lot better diapers you could pick up wtih $20.

Here's another thread on the kushies: http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/community/showthread.php?t=317895

cornflower
09-27-2009, 05:54 PM
BSWW always, always, always wicked urine on my babies (new covers). AND, they didn't fit well around the legs with a prefold since there are no gussets.

I love the fit of ProRaps for a basic prefold/wrap combo.

Of course, as you can tell from above posters completely disagreeing with me, so much of it has to do with how they fit your baby.

abh5e8
09-28-2009, 07:06 PM
i used prowraps newborn size and thought they were great. can't beat the price. for xs, s and med i like thirsties best. they seem thinner and softer than BSWW, which also seems more comfy