PDA

View Full Version : If you have ever coslept with two or more

ValiantJoy07
08-30-2009, 02:58 PM
:nak2 How has that worked for you? Specifically when the newest LO is really aware of the world?
Right now we have dd1 in a twin bed attached to the head of our bed (it's not the "normal" side car set up but it's working great). BUT she wakes and talks in her sleep a lot. She actually wakes dd2 some times, and I can imagine it will get worse in the months to come. I really really don't think dd1 is ready for us to leave her, and short of my moving out of the bedroom with dd2 ...Well I just hope it doesn't come to that... I am interested in hearing what others have made work for their family.
At this point we're just taking it one night at a time, hoping when/if changes have to be made every one will be ready for them

cornflower
08-30-2009, 03:05 PM
There are 2.5 years difference in our girls. We coslept in a king-sized bed with 2 for awhile, though we did work to transition our elder daughter onto a separate bed while still in our room.

We didn't have any issues with the elder waking the younger. There were a couple of times when I got nervous that the infant would wake the elder, but it was never a big problem.

My suggestion would be to never assume that you "know" how they'll react to a change in sleeping arrangements. Both our kids surprised us at different times by transitioning really easily to own bed, own room, etc once *we* were game to try it.;)

ValiantJoy07
08-30-2009, 04:45 PM
There are 2.5 years difference in our girls. We coslept in a king-sized bed with 2 for awhile, though we did work to transition our elder daughter onto a separate bed while still in our room.

We didn't have any issues with the elder waking the younger. There were a couple of times when I got nervous that the infant would wake the elder, but it was never a big problem.

My suggestion would be to never assume that you "know" how they'll react to a change in sleeping arrangements. Both our kids surprised us at different times by transitioning really easily to own bed, own room, etc once *we* were game to try it.;)

Yeah I think that's the key... I just really hope we can hold off another year and tranistion both kids together... The girls would stay put, DH and I would be heading up to the attic bedroom. The room is waaay smaller up there but the steps are sooo steep we don't want the girls on them at night.
It's just for NOW figuring out sleeping arrangments. I have thought maybe we could buy a double mattress (there is a nice wooden bed fram up there already) and put it up in the attic room and set that up as "our" room, and nap up there seperately from dd1 (right now I'm 2 floors away in the basement at nap time cuz dd2 is a noisey nurser and it's not worth losing nap for dd1 over!). But stay with the girls untill we're comfortable being on a different floor. We live with my Mom (which makes co-sleeping a little more difficult in the sense that the "you can be intimate in other places but your bedroom" thing kinda impractical and mostly impossible) when we do transition upstairs my Mom will be on the same floor and she has said that the girls are welcome to come to nana if they want to down the road...:heart

I guess it's a play it by ear thing, but I appreciate hearing other peoples experiences, maybe it will help me come up with an alternative or some thing I haven't thought of.

14yrslater
08-31-2009, 10:20 PM
Can you use white noise in the room to cover up noises?

We found that it has helped ds with dh's snoring! (Plus it helped me :giggle)

Codi
08-31-2009, 10:59 PM
We are all in one bed. And unfortunately sometimes ds does wake dd. But sometimes do does dh. :shrug It stinks when it happens, but dd is a very light sleeper anyways and it is not too disrupting.

ArmsOfLove
09-01-2009, 12:14 AM
at one point we had all 7 of us in the same room. We didn't fit in the king bed anymore, so we put a twin bed on the floor and spillover sleepers went there ;)

as for dtd . . . there are lots of other rooms in the house and variety is the spice of life :rockon

as for sleep . . . the less I worried about it the more I :lol about how much tossing and turning they could all take--including toddlers waking with night terrors--and just sleep through :)