PDA

View Full Version : can i use regular bleach on pocket dipes?

~yogamom~
08-25-2009, 09:10 AM
Ok, so I've tried GSE, hot water and sunning and my pockets still give dd a yeast rash. :banghead

Can I add a little bit of bleach to the hot wash cycle for all my pockets-- I have mostly BGs, but also 1 FB, 1 MTOS, 4 Haute Pockets and 1 Thirsties AIO.

I am scared of ruining their color, but seriously, I need to do something-- right now she spend half the time in sposies. :(

2sunshines
08-25-2009, 09:11 AM
it's not something I usually recommend but in this case, I'd definitely give it a try. :yes A little bit of bleach won't hurt them (make sure you add only a little bit) and it may solve your problem.

Sundance
08-25-2009, 11:20 AM
I was having the same problem, and I used a little bit of bleach on my pockets once (FBs), and it was fine.
I haven't had any more yeast/stink issues, since. I also changed my washing routine, and am using a very small amount of Tide powder now.
I feel your pain, though, my DD was in sposies a lot for a while, too. Now, I think they're good enough that I'm hoping to try using them overnight, too (have never been able to do that)

-Melanie

Sign Of The Fish Burger
08-26-2009, 08:42 PM
I had to do it as a last resort after weeks of a nasty yeast rash and nothing worked.

On BG's website they actually recommend washing with bleach every couple of months. So it is ok. Definitely not something I would do unless absolutely necessary.

~yogamom~
08-26-2009, 09:36 PM
thanks for your replies everyone! i have been worried about the bleach, but i think it's warranted and it looks like it shouldn't harm my dipes. i haven't used bleach in more than 5 years! i have to go buy some just for this...hoping it works and we can be back in beautiful cloth soon!

2sunshines
08-26-2009, 09:48 PM
let us know if it works for you. :yes

Waterlogged
08-28-2009, 03:01 PM
Make sure you rinse very thoroughly. Very. If you're dealing with yeast, you might want to also throw in sheets, changing pad cover - anything that might have come into contact with the yeast. Have you tried sunning them? Apparently that will also help kill the yeast.