PDA

View Full Version : any suggestions for getting my 7 year old to sleep through the night

Katelynn
08-24-2009, 04:47 PM
she is afraid of the dark and shadows. I have tried a night lite but that doesn't seem to help any. I have no idea what to do for a shadow shes afraid of.

also any ideas for a creative bed time rountine we can do?

I want to have a special and creative mother/ daughter time.

JessicaTX
08-24-2009, 04:57 PM
When my son was having a hard time, I made lavender spray and called it sweet dreams spray, and he'd get a dose of rescue remedy if he had a hard time getting to sleep. We sprayed his pillow every night before he went to bed after we prayed, and the spray stayed in his room, so if he had bad dreams or scary thoughts he could respray it. When he went though a period of not staying asleep I gave him valerian root for about a week. He's 9 now and sleeps through the night very well =)

Katelynn
08-25-2009, 07:06 AM
very neat idea. how do you make it?
What ingredients would I need?

JessicaTX
08-25-2009, 09:53 AM
I used a little spray bottle and filled it up about 3/4 with distilled water, poured in a bit (less than 1/4 of the sprayer)of vodka, and added like 10ish drops of lavender essential oil. Then I printed out a label of a sleeping cartoon face with sweet dreams spray written around it, and stuck it on with clear packing tape =)

14yrslater
08-31-2009, 10:23 PM
Keep us posted on how the lavender spray works.

ArmsOfLove
08-31-2009, 10:29 PM
my children have all gone through this around 7 and I just bring them back into bed with us for a bit. Takes about a week. After they are falling asleep without anxiety we move them to bed after they are asleep, or to the couch so its' a half way place :) And then they go back to bed--with prayers and cuddles :)