PDA

View Full Version : Sisters sleeping in same bed

Kiera
08-23-2009, 11:40 PM
So Olivia has slept with mommy and/or daddy (and addison) for all of her life really and my friend put her 4 girls together so I decided to give it a try. I took the bunk beds down and put the mattresses on the floor and... they love it! The first couple nights it took a couple of hours for Olivia to fall asleep so I sat there and read my book. This also helps Audrey sleep in her room all night. So now I get to sleep with my husband and my girls can come in when they want AND they made a happy transition! So for all those non-believers (not here) that don't believe chlidren leave the bed, this is proof that is can be a better, more natural transition later on! And now they have an awesome reading area in their room as well and daddy or mommy can go in there and sleep when needed, and baby sister can move in there in a few years. I am so excited this has worked and it is so wonderful to walk by and see them sleeping so close together.

Anybody else do this? I was afraid they'd be talking for hours but that hasn't be a problem... yet.

MomtoJGJ
08-24-2009, 03:41 AM
My three olders share a bed... Pretty soon we'll be getting bunk beds for their room, but right now all three share and they get out of sorts and upset if someone is missing. :) I think it's so sweet when I go in there to get the baby and they are all cuddled together.

monkeylicious
08-24-2009, 04:00 AM
I want to do this with mine. currently my 5yo is in our room - but on a toddler bed. she really needs to transition to a bigger bed, but we'll need to get one. i want to go with a full size instead of a twin (though her room is tiny) so that we can put them on the bed together. my mom has voiced concern about them keeping each other up, but Gigi sleeps through anything (Evie crying in the same room, a friend climbing all over her once, lights being turned on and off...) so i'm not worried about that. i'm glad to see a thread about others doing this too - because i'm sure i know noone IRL that would be doing this ;) :rockon

jenn3514
08-24-2009, 05:11 AM
My kids all have their own beds. Rare is the night they mange to stay in them. When I came in from work this morning, the oldest two were in one room, and the two youngest are in my bed.