PDA

View Full Version : 2,000 Hours

NewLeaf
08-22-2009, 10:21 AM
At 8 months of age I've spent about 2,000 extra hours either skin to skin or in close contact with Chirp by cosleeping. 2,000 hours I wouldn't have otherwise had! :rockon

That's so amazing! Especially when you realize how quickly they grow up and need to move around during the day. I get to fill up our snuggle tank at night. :heart

herbalwriter
08-28-2009, 07:08 PM
Awesome!!!!! That is an accomplishment to be proud of for sure!

Niphredil
08-28-2009, 07:19 PM
Aww, I love that! :heart:heart

Paige
08-31-2009, 04:27 AM
Kudos for the word "snuggle tank"!

ValiantJoy07
09-03-2009, 05:41 AM
:rockon
DH was saying last night that the guy he carpools with thinks dd1 should be out of our room by now (DH beandipped). They had their (twin) girls in their own room from day 1 and their newest baby too went straight to her own room. :hunh Not bashing it, if it worked for them fine...But do they just have really easy kids? I never would have slept with dd1 in another room 1) because she was up soooooo much 2) I'd be getting up to check if she's breathing ok. 3) I would have just plain missed her.
DH said "I can't imagine having RJ somewhere else, even now, I looove waking up with her hair in my face, or feeling her hands on me to be sure I'm there. I'm so much closer and connected to her because of co-sleeping." :heart

NewLeaf
09-03-2009, 11:34 AM
DH was saying last night that the guy he carpools with thinks dd1 should be out of our room by now (DH beandipped). They had their (twin) girls in their own room from day 1 and their newest baby too went straight to her own room. :hunh Not bashing it, if it worked for them fine...But do they just have really easy kids? I never would have slept with dd1 in another room 1) because she was up soooooo much 2) I'd be getting up to check if she's breathing ok. 3) I would have just plain missed her.
DH said "I can't imagine having RJ somewhere else, even now, I looove waking up with her hair in my face, or feeling her hands on me to be sure I'm there. I'm so much closer and connected to her because of co-sleeping." :heart
We didn't cosleep with dd (although we partially cosleep now ;)) and she did not sleep well and and neither did I. I was so sleep deprived I could hardly stand or think. It was the number one reason I decided to 'give cosleeping a try' this time around. :tu

Cookie Momster
09-03-2009, 12:27 PM
I love this! This means I've spent over an extra 13,000 hours (and counting!) with my kids that I otherwise wouldn't have. What an awesome thought!

:congrats

NewLeaf
09-03-2009, 02:55 PM
I love this! This means I've spent over an extra 13,000 hours (and counting!) with my kids that I otherwise wouldn't have. What an awesome thought!

:congrats
Holy smokes! Go mama! :rockon

herbalwriter
09-06-2009, 06:37 PM
I never would have slept with dd1 in another room 1) because she was up soooooo much 2) I'd be getting up to check if she's breathing ok. 3) I would have just plain missed her.

My sister's doctor prescribed sleeping pills because she could not sleep with her newborn in another room. :( It amazes me the measures people will take to to keep their kids at arm's length.

NewLeaf
09-06-2009, 07:38 PM
My sister's doctor prescribed sleeping pills because she could not sleep with her newborn in another room. :( It amazes me the measures people will take to to keep their kids at arm's length.
:jawdrop

Vicki_T
09-07-2009, 03:16 AM
At 8 months of age I've spent about 2,000 extra hours either skin to skin or in close contact with Chirp by cosleeping. 2,000 hours I wouldn't have otherwise had! :rockon

That's so amazing! Especially when you realize how quickly they grow up and need to move around during the day. I get to fill up our snuggle tank at night. :heart

I love this thought :heart Thank you for sharing it!

---------- Post added at 11:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:16 AM ----------

That's really sad.