PDA

View Full Version : Help me make a decision!

shirelingmum
08-13-2009, 12:27 PM
Okay-I have narrowed down to 3 different kinds of CD's...We have always used gdiapers w/prefolds (which now we'll just make actual inserts to go in them so we can still use them when dd comes in november)....but yeah. So here it is: (I am ok with having a mix of all 3 if you think that's even better!)
Gdiapers w/cloth inserts
Bumgenius 1 size 3.0
Bummis Super whisper wraps w/prefolds

I might mention too that DS who is almost 14 months will be needing a large size in the gdiapers or something similar! he's nearly outgrown the mediums, which he has stayed in the longest! So anyhow there it be!:)

2sunshines
08-13-2009, 02:42 PM
Just for clarification, are you asking about diapers for the new baby or for your current 14 month old? Or both?

Codi
08-13-2009, 02:49 PM
Im loving our gdipes w/ pf's. :tu Then I just use the actual flushable inserts when out of the house.

I have a few pul covers too though that I use at home over pf's. Im all for a mix.

shirelingmum
08-13-2009, 03:00 PM
Just for clarification, are you asking about diapers for the new baby or for your current 14 month old? Or both?
haha. sorry 'bout that! i guess for both:) eoin needs a one size or a size large soon....and i have several small gdipes for when dd is born...but i am at a loss as to if i should stay with gdipes or get a one-sizer to fit them both. or get a mix!

2sunshines
08-13-2009, 08:26 PM
Most one-sizers don't fit well on a newborn so if you went that route, you'd want to consider using something else for the first little bit.

My absolute die hard FAVOURITE diapering system for the newborn stage is prefolds and covers. I had some of each because I wasn't sure what I'd love (and I have loved different types at different points in my diapering career) but prefolds were definitely my fave. They go through SO MANY diapers in the early days that you really need a lot, plus, I have NEVER had a leak in prefolds (even that messy blowout ebf poop), and they're IMPOSSIBLE to ruin and last forever. :rockon

I have never tried g-diapers so I can't give you any reviews on them. I do have some bgos and do like them. They are my favourite pocket diaper.

So personally, if I were making your decision, with your options, I would go with prefolds as the main stash for both baby and toddler and throw in some bgos for convenience.

---------- Post added at 03:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:24 AM ----------

Oh, one more thing to add, before you invest in a bunch of ANY one size diaper, make sure that you ensure that they fit your toddler. My bgos still fit my almost 3 yo (if she were still diapered which thankfully she is NOT ;) ) but I've heard many people say that one size diapers haven't worked well for them on the larger size of the spectrum either. So just something to look into before you invest too much in any one size. :)

kiloyd
08-13-2009, 08:33 PM
I have not seen gdiapers.

I did love Bummis snap wraps and prefolds with my newborn, it held the poop in really well!

passthemanna
08-15-2009, 02:15 PM
I liked the prefolds w/the cover a lot when ds was younger, but now that he's getting older & not so cooperative w/diaper changes that's not really working out so great for us. We've got 2 bumgenius all-in-ones- I'd definately recommend the snap style over the velcro, the velcro is getting all curled out & one of his BGs is always falling off (he can pull both off). The BG's also take a lot longer in the dryer because they are so thick. I like gdiapers w/cloth inserts so long as he is wearing pants over them because he pulls the velcro tabs open too easily. I'm a huge fan of fuzzibunz pocket diapers w/snaps.