PDA

View Full Version : my little one wants "sissy's room"

thankfulheart
08-12-2009, 08:18 PM
My 2.5 year old has been wanting to stay with her big Sissy at night. Big Sissy is 17...almost 18. She likes to go in there with her and watch Maisy before bed. A couple times I've gone to get her and she's said "Sissy's room" and wants to stay with her. Sissy loves it, wants her to stay but I don't want to leave her there! I love snuggling with her at night and my heart aches thinking of her not being there. I've let her go to sleep in there and then moved her to our bed. She usually does want me in the night to snuggle, she says "mama" in her sleep and wraps her arms around my neck so I'm glad I have moved her back to our bed. I love her being there so much!
Should I let her stay in there with her Sissy one night and see how it goes?
I know you are supposed to let them lead on when they're ready but what if Mama isn't ready!! And maybe it wouldn't be all the time, just once in awhile....
I feel sort of silly about it all.

Serafine
08-12-2009, 08:23 PM
awww...no advice, but this post made me all warm and tingly. What wonderful relationships you all have! How special!

bliss
08-13-2009, 11:54 PM
I know how you feel - I was frankly a little tired of co-sleeping by the time ds was getting ready to move out, and I thought sleeping with a sibling was a SMASHING idea...but then it is a little lonely when they're not in there, no matter how tired you are of getting kicked in the night :giggle
Let her give it a shot, she may not find it as glamerous when she stays in there all night a time or two. Or she may be like ds and start somewhere else and end up with you. That has actually worked out really well for us. He wakes in the wee hours to go potty and then usually gets in our bed just as dh is getting up to get ready for work.

14yrslater
08-15-2009, 07:44 AM
Awwww.

I have a 10 month and a 15 year old as well. My ds loves his big sis as well!!

Right now my daughter is sleeping in my room as the master bedroom is the only one with a/c! So all four of us are sleeping in one room! :giggle

Don't worry your dd won't sleep with you forever (time goes by way too fast) and I know how you feel about not being ready yet to let her go.