PDA

View Full Version : co-sleeping ending?

Tengokujin
08-05-2009, 06:15 AM
My almost 6 year old announced this evening that he wanted to sleep in "his" room---the room that until now has been for toys only. He set up his futon, and marched in there. He is asleep now.

Just two months ago he was falling asleep with us on the sofa and we then carried him to our room where we all sleep. I started encouraging him to go lie down with a book when he felt sleepy, and he has quickly gone to taking himself to bed. :shrug

I don't know how this will end tonight, but it seems like an era is coming to an end. A very nice era.

This is also my 100th post--another era that has taken quite a while!:D

trustingGod2
08-05-2009, 06:29 AM
:congrats My 5 year old sleeps on his mattress on the floor in our room and my 3 year old and 18 month old and soon the new baby are all in our King size bed with myself and dh I look forward to the day that I can post what you are celebrating as much as I love sleeping and cuddling with my little ones I do miss having a good nights sleep I keep reading and have been told that when they are safe and secure and mentally ready they will leave the family bed on their own you have given me hope again in that Thank you for sharing. :heart

Tengokujin
08-05-2009, 11:44 PM
Well, here's the update. He slept all night by himself--not a peep. We kept checking on him, left a light on, etc.

He said that "it was fine" to our questions, but that he wants to wait to sleep in there again when his little brother is with him. Don't know quite what that really means, because his brother is two and still nursing some at night. We'll see. We are in no hurry with this--cosleeping in Japan is done until the child wants to leave, and often one child leaves with a sibling. So we have no pressure in our lives to get him out.

It's kinda fun to just see how he is inclined to handle this.