PDA

View Full Version : "sitting" on my 2 yr old.

FebFaith
07-31-2009, 07:18 PM
To put him to sleep, I must lay a leg over him so he cannot squirm free. He doesn't like this (I don't really blame him). I don't do this unless he is in destruction mode.... throwing things, acting wild usually indicates he is tired. We sit together and watch something and I hold him with my leg so he cannot get free. I also have an 8 month old that I'm putting to sleep at the same time so I nurse the baby and have a leg over the toddler. This doesn't feel gentle, but if any part of him is left to move he will move, run away, and fight the sleep process. The only thing that helps is letting the two year old nurse also. I lay a pillow on the baby's tummy and nurse them both at one time. When the baby gets done, I go lay him down which makes the two year old rouse again and he may cry and/or scream as I go lay the baby down which may wake up the baby and then it starts all over.

Any ideas?

3boysforme
07-31-2009, 08:36 PM
I had to do this with my now 4 when he was that age. He is/was so active that he could not settle himself down to go to sleep. So I helped :giggle. He outgrew it and now goes to sleep on his own. I think around 3 he settling easier.

Apple-Saucy
07-31-2009, 08:39 PM
You might try making him a weighted blanket...it's basically 2-3 layers with either a very heavy fabric...or large metal washers sewn in rows through the middle with a layer of batting on either side of the washers to minimize injury...

FebFaith
07-31-2009, 10:20 PM
I have not thought of a "weighted blanket". Good idea! Thanks. I don't really sew, but I'll see what I can come up with.

I am so encouraged to hear that others have had the same issues and I like the idea that he will grow out of it. I can handle it better if I remember that "this too will pass".