PDA

View Full Version : bumGenious organic AIO's?

BearyBlessed
07-28-2009, 06:19 AM
Anyone use these yet?

I've been using the regular AIO's for a long time now with Punkin. But, now I'd like an AIO with natural fibers against the skin. I figure the one size ones will let him and the new baby both use them.
Do the organic ones work well? Any reviews?

~yogamom~
07-28-2009, 06:38 AM
There are a ton of people on Diaper Swapper and Mothering who LOVE these, so they're definitely popular. I don't like the extra dry time of an AIO, but I've never tried the organic AIO, so I can't comment on that one specifically.

BriansLovie
07-28-2009, 10:41 AM
I have one. It's nice, but I dont think it's worth the $25. I like pockets better. And my son is about 22 lbs at 8 months and there is no way in the world this diaper will fit him to 35 lbs :/

---------- Post added at 01:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:37 PM ----------

But I will say that they are very trim! :)

BearyBlessed
07-28-2009, 07:30 PM
Well, I don't care for pockets. And I don't mind the drying time. I'm kind of thinking these might dry faster than the regular AIO's because the layers are a little separate.

Happygrl
07-28-2009, 07:35 PM
I LOVE them! I got my first ones about a year ago, I think. I don't use them as my primary diaper but I keep them around for others, for nursery, etc. The aplix is curling but that is all too common with BG diapers. If I were getting them for *me* to use, I'd get the snap ones.

As far as the drying time, the soaker is on the outside, not sewn inside, and its an open flap of two layers. (I'm not sure if that makes sense...you can kinda' see it here (http://www.cottonbabies.com/product_info.php?cPath=98&products_id=1825).) So the dry time is very reasonable. :yes

BearyBlessed
07-28-2009, 10:29 PM
Yeah, I've seen them in person and I liked them. I like the way the soaker is done because it seemed like it would dry well.

From my looking, it appears that they are discontinuing the aplix version. I am used to aplix on my regular AIO's. I'm worried that the snaps won't be as adjustable, but I do figure they will last better.

BriansLovie
07-29-2009, 04:44 AM
I have the snap version.

BearyBlessed
07-29-2009, 11:35 PM
Oh, and good to know about the trimness. I use them as our "going out" diaper. Partly because of ease of use compared to prefolds and wool, partly for the trim fit under cute clothes!