PDA

View Full Version : Night time dipes - What do you use?

MommaNae
07-25-2009, 08:57 AM
So I'm back to cloth full time. But I'm struggling with what to put on him at night. He's not a super heavy wetter at night but he definitely needs more than just a pocket with an insert. He's also in between sizes which is making in tougher.

If I try to double stuff the diaper ends up too short in the rise and he pees out of the top. So I think I need something specifically for night time.

He's got a long torso and he weighs about 25 lbs. Suggestions?

Happygrl
07-25-2009, 10:14 AM
I usually use various fitteds with wool shorties. I love my Bagshot Row Bamboo overnight diaper. I use the soaker that it came with plus the doubler it came with. I can also do an OBV fitted with the soaker plus a doubler or two.

For non-fitteds, I do a microterry towel wrapped around either two hemp inserts (super thin) or a hemp plus a regular insert.

MommaNae
07-25-2009, 04:38 PM
:bump

canadiyank
07-25-2009, 10:00 PM
I used to use firefly sleep tight (http://www.fireflydiapers.com/organic-cloth-diapers_nighttime.htm) diapers but eventually I succumbed to using disposables at night.

mellifera
07-25-2009, 10:57 PM
We use either Crickett's fitted hemp/cotton diapers or Hemparoo's hemp/cotton prefolds, with a wool wrap like Loveybums or . (Cloth for your Angel, not the naughty but fitting phrase I thought it stood for!)

milkmommy
07-25-2009, 11:15 PM
before we found DD poly issues we did a pocket diaper stuffed with a microtowel wrapped around a nighttime weight hemp insert the microfiber sucked up the pee fast enough to avoid leaks and the hemp kinda locked it all away so much more could be held...
Of course then there was the double diapering days...
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v101/Ceciliasmom/diapering/P1010059.jpg IF I remember right that was TWO one size growing green hemp diapers with a stay dry hemp doubler :giggle poor baby couldn't move for anything.. :shifty

Deanna

sothisislove
07-26-2009, 06:23 PM
hemp hemp hemp hemp!!!!

mellymommy
07-26-2009, 06:52 PM
I use a Happy Heiney OS with 2-3 hemp inserts.

BearyBlessed
07-26-2009, 08:12 PM
I use Very Baby Simply Nights bamboo with two extra hemp doublers. I have a long sleeper that is a fairly heavy wetter, so I still have to change him during the night. :no

2sunshines
07-27-2009, 11:03 AM
My fave nighttime combination was prefolds. I found that I could trifold a smaller prefold inside the larger one for great absorbency. If wetness against baby's skin is an issue, you can put a layer of fleece on the inside.

cro
07-29-2009, 07:33 PM
I trifold a prefold around a hemp doubler, lay a fleece liner on top and wrap it all up in a PUL cover.