PDA

View Full Version : Waldorf homeschooling fellowship thread

Ms_Dahl
07-18-2009, 06:22 AM
I searched the forums to see if there was a Waldorf homeschooling support thread here as I would like to discuss my homeschooling experience with other Christian women who are Waldorf inspired. Since there wasn't, I thought it would be nice to have a thread for anyone that would fit this description.

As for me, I am mostly Waldorf inspired but I do like elements of Montessori that I include where I see fit. I have spent about 3 years learning as much as I can about it and this September we will officially begin our first year of "school" at home (my son is 4). If you have any questions, I'd love to try to answer them for you as well.

WanderingJuniper
07-18-2009, 01:10 PM
Do you mind sharing what your plan looks like?

Ms_Dahl
07-18-2009, 05:06 PM
Do you mind sharing what your plan looks like?

It's still a little rough...lol It won't be a final draft until we are in the flow of it all. For the most part the daily rhythm will be:

Wake up
Breakfast/clean up
Daily chores
Circle time (including movement, verses, and some sort of oral story)
Outside time in backyard (yardwork, garden work, digging, woodwork)
Lunch
Quiet time (son doesn't nap anymore)
Playdate/park outing if weather is not good then indoor craft activity
Run any errands needed at stores
Dinner/Bedtime

Circle time is where I plan to begin the idea of main lesson blocks and focus on a particular subject for a 4 week period.

ETA: breakfast time is when I do my morning prayers and bedtime is when I do my nightly prayers. For now, my son is around me when I do it and I do not force him to join me. I set out books that are age appropriate and encourage him to say a simple "Thank you God for my 'fill in the blank' prayer" but that's the extent of prayer during the day for him. I prefer to model the way for him and let him decide to join in freely. It creates a nice rhythm and allows me to focus on my prayers.

DancingWithElves
07-18-2009, 05:21 PM
sounds good.
i am very waldorf-inspired ;) but it looks like ds will not be ready for some time. well, i'll be here whenever he is. :giggle if the Lord again brings children not from my womb to my home for me to raise, that's what I'll be doing.

Your plan looks great.

Herbwifemama
07-18-2009, 08:04 PM
I'm waldorfish. I'm also CMish. I'm trying to create a fall plan for my preschooler. I'm having terrible luck trying to plan stuff. So, I'm here, but I'm not sure how useful I'll be, lol. :)