PDA

View Full Version : What your __ needs to know Lesson Plans

doubleblessings
07-16-2009, 10:03 AM
I had been looking for something like these (http://www.ckcolorado.org/units.asp) and I thought someone else might be too.

Booklover
07-16-2009, 02:00 PM
There are also these:

http://www.cstone.net/~bcp/BCPIntro2.htm

Mama Rophe
07-16-2009, 02:23 PM
I'm looking through the cursive first "curriculum" from the first link in the kindergarten section right now. Very interesting.

Rabbit
07-16-2009, 02:25 PM
When teachers come together to write unit plans for publishing, they tend to be incredibly elaborate and impractical, though technically excellent. It's awesome if you can use them, but I wouldn't worry about them being a model to live up to.

Mama Rophe
07-16-2009, 02:49 PM
Can't you just pick and choose what you want to do though? I basicaly just decide what I want to do and then go find "curriculums" or ideas to fill in the blanks. I'm new to homeschooling, so correct me if I'm wrong.

KatieMae
07-16-2009, 02:55 PM
Does anyone has a link to a list of SKILLS for each year? Giving me a list of curriculum or textbooks isn't what I'm looking for, but having an idea of what topics are covered in history or science, or what math skills should be achieved would actually be helpful :think

Rabbit
07-16-2009, 03:01 PM
Can't you just pick and choose what you want to do though? I basicaly just decide what I want to do and then go find "curriculums" or ideas to fill in the blanks. I'm new to homeschooling, so correct me if I'm wrong.

Absolutely you can. :yes

---------- Post added at 05:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:01 PM ----------

Does anyone has a link to a list of SKILLS for each year? Giving me a list of curriculum or textbooks isn't what I'm looking for, but having an idea of what topics are covered in history or science, or what math skills should be achieved would actually be helpful :think

Try searching for your state's curriculum guides or standards. That will give you a starting place, and you can add or drop stuff as you please.

Momma2Luke
07-16-2009, 06:43 PM

:popcorn

jenn3514
07-17-2009, 10:13 AM
subbing

Havilah
07-17-2009, 10:32 AM

I think this is it:
https://www.georgiastandards.org/standards/Pages/BrowseStandards/GPS_by_Grade_Level_K-8.aspx

The little bit that I've read makes me feel really good... especially the language arts part.

eta - I read a little further and saw that we have a bit more work to do if we're going to maintain those standards. ;) :giggle