PDA

View Full Version : ? gdiaper and wipes

knitlove
07-09-2009, 03:21 PM
I use flats withe a variety (moving to all wool) of covers but we are going on a week long trip at the end of the month to see family and have decided to use gdiapers on the trip. I have one starter kit (2 covers, 3 vinal snap ins) and can easily buy moor inserts here. I will mainly be tossing not flushing the inserts. so. . .

1) will I need moor than two covers? I will be able to do laundry.

2) how many inserts do you think I will need. I should be able to buy moor on the second half of the trip. Do I plan on that or pack all I will need?

3) what about wipes - it seems silly to use a compostable diapers and normal wipes. I found these does any one know any thing about them?
http://www. natyusa.com/products/wipes/wipes.php
http://www. broodychick.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=2&products_id=18

4) how many wipes will I need? I use cloth at home and have no idea how fast I will go through them.

:ty

NovelMama
07-09-2009, 09:53 PM
1. I don't know that 2 covers would be enough, unless your baby is not prone to blow-outs and you'll be able to do laundry *immediately*. If everything stays contained, then you'll be alright, but especially on a smaller baby it can be tough to get them snug enough to keep things from leaking.

2. You'll need as many inserts as you would need cloth diapers in a regular day, at least. I'd say 6-8 a day to be on the safe side, depending on how often you change diapers.

3. Wipes--it depends on how long you're going to be on your vacation. If you average 6 dipe changes a day, assume 8-10 wipes per day?

4. Never seen those, I have no idea!

HTH!

Codi
07-09-2009, 09:59 PM
We use cloth wipes at home, and when I need to use disposables for any reason, I always use SOO many more than cloth. A poopy diaper, for us, takes 2 cloth wipes, but more like 6 disposable wipes.

JessicaTX
07-09-2009, 10:00 PM
I think i'd buy a second starter pack, especially since you'll be on vacation and won't always be able to pop the dirty cover in the wash. Personally I use about 3 times more disposable wipes than cloth, but that would really be like one tub. Or the disposable case and the big bag o'wipes, they are dreadfully handy to keep around while traveling anyway.

mellifera
07-09-2009, 11:12 PM
Have you tried a trial run with the gdiapers? I found that I had to wash the covers a lot more often than any others because they didn't fit ds quite right and he had lots of leakage.

knitlove
07-10-2009, 06:09 AM
I don't know that 2 covers would be enough, unless your baby is not prone to blow-outs and you'll be able to do laundry *immediately*. If everything stays contained, then you'll be alright, but especially on a smaller baby it can be tough to get them snug enough to keep things from leaking.
I think i'd buy a second starter pack, especially since you'll be on vacation and won't always be able to pop the dirty cover in the wash.
That is what I was afraid of. The starter kit is the way to go $$ wise but I would love to get some cuter covers.

We use cloth wipes at home, and when I need to use disposables for any reason, I always use SOO many more than cloth. A poopy diaper, for us, takes 2 cloth wipes, but more like 6 disposable wipes.
Personally I use about 3 times more disposable wipes than cloth, but that would really be like one tub. Or the disposable case and the big bag o'wipes, they are dreadfully handy to keep around while traveling anyway.
ok that is what I was thinking I will need a lot moor than the cloth ones - I can get by with one wipe generally with my cloth. I think I will aim for a min of 140 wipes when I leave ( I won't be able to buy compostable wipes while gone)

Have you tried a trial run with the gdiapers? I found that I had to wash the covers a lot more often than any others because they didn't fit ds quite right and he had lots of leakage.
I have been trying one a day and it has been good no leaks but I haven't gotten a really big poop in a g diaper yet. next week we will probably try a full 24 hours in them to double check