PDA

View Full Version : making prefolds

pastelsummer
07-03-2009, 12:27 PM
ok i have decided to go with prefold/contours. I KNOW i can make these my self as i have in the past what i want to know is can i use cotton velour against babies skin if i am using terry cloth or flannel in the soaker part?

Eesti
07-03-2009, 12:41 PM
Yep, cotton velour is awesome next to baby skin. :)

pastelsummer
07-03-2009, 12:52 PM
can i do it inside and out?what i was thinking was cv on both sides with terry/flannel inside those as a soaker

canadiyank
07-03-2009, 12:53 PM
I think any combo should be fine. :think When I made them I used hemp fleece for everything and it worked fine. :)

pastelsummer
07-03-2009, 01:05 PM
sissy is allergic to normal fleece so i have never tired hemp fleece.... is it different than the fleece you get at walmart?

canadiyank
07-03-2009, 02:14 PM
Yeah, it's not polar fleece. It's more like cotton fleece, the kind that's in the inside of, say, sweatpants, but a little lumpier. It worked well for us - I did one layer of the fleece, edged it, and sewed a panel down the middle third. Folded up it was very absorbent and worked nicely. I traced a regular prefold for the "pattern."

Eesti
07-03-2009, 02:58 PM
Do you want to use a snappi? If so, then you need a snappiable fabric on the outside. I know terry is, maybe flannel? I am not a snappi user though.

BeckaBlue
07-07-2009, 09:29 PM
anything knit or *loose* woven is snappi friendly. typical flannel does not snappi well. neither do velours or terry, but knits work great. if you have cotton fleece you'd want the side that's flat and not fluffy to be the snappi side