PDA

View Full Version : I need to get my prefolds fastened tighter in the legs

AngelaVA
06-21-2009, 04:59 PM
Okay I have hand wash wool covers 4 times this weekend, I am getting burned out. She is having runny poops (more runny than usual ebf poops) I think because she is teething. I switched to folding them with a twist because they seemed tighter at the thighs but it still leaked out. Anyone have a secret trick for getting a tight fit around the thighs with a prefold? Her thighs are chubby you'd think it would be easier :scratch

milkmommy
06-21-2009, 05:08 PM
snappi or pins? I prefered pins to get a tight leg I had to learn not to be scared to really pull tight because there would always be some slack when I let go. rolling in the legs also really helped the leaks stay where the should.

Deanna

hopeforchange
06-21-2009, 05:10 PM
i could get really tight legs with snappis...just pull the diaper WAAAY tighter than you think it needs to be. :)

Katigre
06-21-2009, 05:55 PM
I have found I can get the most leak-proof with the reverse angel wing fold - if I make sure to fold the diaper together right at the anus. This makes for tight leg gussets when snappied and it won't leak as much :).

relizabeth
06-21-2009, 05:58 PM
I always thought the newspaper fold held stuff in well. It makes gussets. :shrug3

2sunshines
06-22-2009, 07:27 AM
I do the jelly roll for holding on ebf.

Katigre
06-22-2009, 10:25 AM
I always thought the newspaper fold held stuff in well. It makes gussets. :shrug3

Newspaper and Angel Wing are the same fold by different names (I almost always use the reverse newspaper/reverse angel wing fold).

relizabeth
06-22-2009, 02:38 PM
:think

I learned the newspaper and angel wing as different folds. With the newspaper fold, you fold three or more inches up at one end, fold one wing over the center, then fold the second wing over and tuck its ends into the first wing. That way the end looks like a newspaper. The way I learned angel wing, you fold both wings over the center, then fold the end up and place on baby.

Rabbit
06-22-2009, 02:48 PM
My husband could do it perfectly. Same fold, same baby, same diaper, and I couldn't.

AngelaVA
06-24-2009, 11:18 AM
Thanks I have been experimenting with these and then her poops went back to normal so I'll keep them in mind of next time. We do use snappis I am too intimidated by pins although I can see where you could do them tighter. I actually broke one of my snappis trying to get a tighter fit...oops thank goodness they were a 3 pack.