PDA

View Full Version : bamboo fleece vs. bamboo terry?

Naked Camper
06-18-2009, 07:02 PM
this could be a question for the hobbies forum too - but I'll try it here first.

Which do I want for inserts - bamboo fleece or bamboo terry. What would be more absorbent? I have a couple hemp inserts and I think that bamboo is similar from what I've heard - so which one do I want to order?

musicmama
06-18-2009, 07:21 PM
I don't find much of a difference in absorbency, terry is maybe a LITTLE more absorbent? To me, terry stays softer longer. If you use the fleece, I'd use it jersey side out :)

Amythestmama
06-18-2009, 07:27 PM
:think I'm not sure. I think its just up to you and what your preferences are. I have bamboo cotton fleece which I love- very absorbant and so soft even when wet. Bamboo cotton velour is even softer but trust me, it is a pain in the you know what to sew! It slides everywhich way. :ph :shifty I've not used the bamboo terry but I would guess that it is similar to the fleece with just a higher loop. Personally, I much prefer bamboo over hemp. Hemp retains smells, takes forever to dry, and dries hard/rough. Bamboo doesn't retain smells like that, dries faster and stays soft. IMO its also more absorbant. So there's my 2 cents. ;)

Naked Camper
06-18-2009, 07:46 PM
okay, so terry it is :tu

I will be using these for pocket inserts - so it won't really matter how soft it is to the touch - but that's good to know that it dries soft. I really don't like how my hemp comes out hard as a rock when I do manage to get it lined dried. :no