PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a babysitter/diaper bag diaper

AngelaVA
06-16-2009, 04:43 AM
We use prefolds and fitteds with wool covers at home. She gets rashes easily so we've had to quit using pockets, Bummis covers and disposables. The prefolds and fitteds with extra covers is a lot to carry around and I know from experience with my first DD that the grandparents will not get the whole diaper plus cover thing and will be doing all kinds of weird stuff and getting all worked up about her diapers. Our anniversary is in 2 weeks, so we have a date coming up which their grandparents usually would babysit for. Just trying to figure out if there are any other options for us to try.

HummusDip
06-16-2009, 10:21 AM
I'm a bit confused by the question, but sounds like you should just get some disposables for the grandparents to use while you're celebrating your anniversary. (congrats!)

Blueberrybabies
06-16-2009, 10:22 AM
:think Is it the breathability that's an issue with the Bummis? I was going to suggest some kind of cover that you could trifold a prefold in. You could even get a wool wrap style cover to trifold in, and just be prepared for the fact that you might have to wash more often due to poo getting on the cover.

AngelaVA
06-16-2009, 03:25 PM
Unfortunately she gets a rash from disposables, but I might have to do it anyway and just use lots of cream from the start. I am guessing it is the breathability with the Bummis, maybe I will try a wool wrap for myself for the diaper bag, her grandparents won't get it.

ShangriLewis
06-16-2009, 03:48 PM
Have you tried the 7th generation disposables?

Happygrl
06-16-2009, 04:05 PM
Have you tried putting a liner between her bottom & disposables? My DD started reacting terribly to disposables and I switched to cloth. But there was a weekend when CD wasn't an option. I put down a silk liner between her bottom and the diaper. She still got a little reaction but not near as bad.

Blueberrybabies
06-16-2009, 04:09 PM
Hmm, do you know sort of what their "requirements" to get it are? Has to be all one piece? Velcro vs snaps?

AngelaVA
06-17-2009, 04:21 PM
Hmmm, good suggestions about the disposables. I think in order for her grandparents to 'get it' it's gotta be all one piece, like they got the pocket diapers (presuffed) but fitted diapers they put on without a cover or sometimes two diapers thinking the second one was somehow the cover or once they put her in a cover with no diaper. I know they would be happiest with 'sposies though, maybe I will try them with liners or order some seventh generation. Do you get the seventh generation from Amazon?