PDA

View Full Version : Do you 'count' Weekend Work?

Vipers_Princess
06-13-2009, 06:35 AM
Those of you who have to account for days attended, do you count work/field trips done on Saturdays or lazy Sunday afternoons? It came up in casual conversation that I have been counting/marking the work done on weekends. For some weird reason the kids do more worksheets and reading on Fri-Sun than they do the rest of the week. One of the girls I was talking to remarked that it 'wasn't right' and that it 'couldn't count as real school time' since public schools only go Mon-Fri. There are no state 'rules' governing this. Indiana just says 'equal to that of the public schools [currnently 180 days]'

What do you think?

MarynMunchkins
06-13-2009, 06:39 AM
Sure. Learning happens all the time. :)

DaltonsMomma
06-14-2009, 09:26 PM
We are required to count hours instead of days. I count the time we spend doing educational activities on the weekends. If they are learning, why shouldn't they get credit for it?

phathui5
06-15-2009, 11:28 AM
Of course I count it. It doesn't matter when learning happens; that's part of the beauty of homeschooling.

Vipers_Princess
06-15-2009, 12:29 PM
Thanks ladies. I figured it was ok, I mean people count AWANAs and that sort of thing as Bible/Religious Education when tracking individual subjects and those meetings are usually after regular school hours and sometimes even after church or during evening worship on weekends.

mamacat
06-15-2009, 12:36 PM
Absolutely!