PDA

View Full Version : Any ideas where I can get Konos really cheap?

Peaceful Meadows
06-08-2009, 06:08 PM
I enjoyed doing unit studies but can't put them together very easily. A friend of mine is doing the Konos character unit studies. She did them with her 4 older boys (2 graduated and 2 in highschool) and now is doing it with her 2 elementary aged boys. She is knew that I did unit studies this year and wondered if I would be interested in doing Konos and doing a coop with her every Friday. I got to look at her curriculum and I love what I saw! We talking about choosing units by what character traits we think our children need to work on out of the 3 volumes to do next year. We will do a unit and then get together on Fridays for a little coop to work on projects some units may just take a week and others a month. She said that we could share her books but I have a feeling that will not work out very well. SO I am seeing if there is any way that I can buy all three volumes under $100. I when I searched the internet it appears that used volumes are going for $40 a piece so if I can get all 3 Konos volumes for under $100 it'll be an act of God. :yes

So any ideas of where I should look?

ETA:
Never mind... I found vol 1 on Amazon for $20 and will keep my eyes open for the others.

diamondintherough
06-09-2009, 01:58 PM
Super! I'm assuming you've tried e-bay already? You might also want to google Used Curriculum sale. There are a lot of Christian businesses that deal with used curriculum. Maybe someone will come along with some names of companies that specialize in it.

ArmsOfLove
06-10-2009, 10:42 PM
do you have local used curriculum fairs?

Peaceful Meadows
06-11-2009, 05:09 AM
Yes, but most of them are over for the year. There is one next Friday but I have other plans and can't go. I may have a friend keep her eye out for me though.

diamondintherough
06-11-2009, 06:24 AM
Yes, but most of them are over for the year. There is one next Friday but I have other plans and can't go. I may have a friend keep her eye out for me though.

That's a good idea--someone scored a copy of Exploring Creation with Physical Science, the answer key and something else for $7 for me. :rockon