PDA

View Full Version : Living Books Curriculum

Joyful Mommy
06-04-2009, 08:18 PM
Has anyone used this? How did you find it?

Codi
06-04-2009, 08:28 PM
:cup

Joyful Mommy
06-08-2009, 07:01 PM
anyone?

Singingmom
06-08-2009, 07:25 PM
This is the first I've seen it... it looks really neat! :tu

Codi
06-08-2009, 09:16 PM
Id actually never heard of it till you posted this. After looking at it, I cannot decide if I like that, or Sonlight better. So still :cup

michelle
06-08-2009, 09:18 PM
I agree with Codi, I quickly checked it out. It seems very nice, similiar to Sonlight. Now you have got me wanting to do a more indepth search. :rockon :think

IslandMama
06-08-2009, 09:37 PM
Has anyone used this? How did you find it?

Do you mean this curriculum here (http://www.livingbookscurriculum.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?)? I haven't used it...but... It looks really easy to use... :tu The booklist looks good, but I would probably add in more classic literature (fun stories, not just historical based). The teaching guide looks user friendly, especially if you are looking for a more scripted guide. And they offer a payment plan... :rockon Anything CM based is always a good choice. I also like how they do American and World history strands at the same time. I hope that was the question you were asking! :)

Codi
06-08-2009, 09:42 PM
Anita, I also liked how they did American and World history at the same time. :yes

Libertymommy
06-08-2009, 09:54 PM
We're not 'officially' homeschooling yet, but this looks awesome! :yes

Garland
06-08-2009, 11:06 PM
I used it for first grade. I think it is well thought-out and organized, but I found it to be too much to do. Seemed like I was always behind and feeling like I wasn't "doing enough" if I didn't get to everything.

IslandMama
06-09-2009, 08:46 AM
I used it for first grade. I think it is well thought-out and organized, but I found it to be too much to do. Seemed like I was always behind and feeling like I wasn't "doing enough" if I didn't get to everything.

That's why I've decided to just work off of a booklist and not use a weekly schedule that someone else created...I always feel like I'm behind! I know it doesn't matter, but it starts to stress me out! :giggle They have a great booklist to work off of...

Joyful Mommy
06-09-2009, 10:40 AM
Id actually never heard of it till you posted this. After looking at it, I cannot decide if I like that, or Sonlight better. So still :cup

Yes, that's where I'm at, too.

Garland
06-09-2009, 11:26 AM
Another reason that I stopped using it is because I needed to find something that could be used with multiple ages together, instead of each grade separately.