PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone not like HWT?

Lady Grey
05-27-2009, 10:56 AM
I really like the looks of their preschool/kindy materials, but am wondering about any disadvantages? I've also looked into Cursive First and Italics, but haven't found as much information about them. DD is a lefty like me, and I'm not sure how that plays into the whole thing. My own cursive was never anything great as a kid and I switched back to printing as soon as teachers didn't require cursive anymore, around jr high. Now I can do it if I work very very carefully, but have always been able to print so much faster that I don't usually bother. I think that is why Cursive First etc... intimidates me a little.

So anyway, I am just looking for potential downsides to HWT - or other possiblities to consider.

Thanks!

Katydid
05-27-2009, 04:23 PM
:popcorn

I personally don't like how the letters from HWT look, but I'm willing to overlook that if the program is really that great :think

Happygrl
05-27-2009, 04:28 PM
We liked the green book (pre-K, I think they call it). But I don't think I'm going to stick with it. DD, I think, would do better with the three line format (top, dotted middle, bottom) rather than the two line (middle, bottom) that HWOT does. When she does the letters in the ETC book, she seems to have a better idea of where to stop and start.