PDA

View Full Version : Social Worker gets Involved after HS family Emergency Room Visit

Peaceful Meadows
05-26-2009, 04:39 PM
http://www.hslda.org/hs/state/wi/200904050.asp :sigh

sprout
05-26-2009, 05:16 PM
wow.

what a waste of time, money and energy.

:sigh agreed.

AppleSauceCookies
05-26-2009, 07:11 PM
:clap In this time and economy, let's waste time ignoring the real problem parents and go after a family that actually cares about their kids! HELLO! IF they were neglectful parents, the children should look much worse, barely fed and probably NOT brought to the hospital for a couple of cuts. SHEESH!

Ignorant social workers irk me.

kiloyd
05-26-2009, 07:15 PM
So stupid. Do you think parent's that CHOOSE to not vaccinate are smart enough to know what they are doing?

hey mommy
05-26-2009, 07:20 PM
How stupid.

DancingWithElves
05-26-2009, 07:24 PM
in Illinois there is a specific law right now that they may not report based solely on the way parents vaccinate: be it late, not at all, selectively or whatever. Those cases are automatically dismissed, and the definition of medical neglect has been changed to specify that choices to vax do not amount to neglect. I think that all states should do that and save themselves some time and money!
of course, the worker may still investigate to see if there are other issues, which is fine, i guess. but they know that vaxing is just not at all their problem.

BHope
05-26-2009, 08:37 PM
in Illinois there is a specific law right now that they may not report based solely on the way parents vaccinate: be it late, not at all, selectively or whatever. Those cases are automatically dismissed, and the definition of medical neglect has been changed to specify that choices to vax do not amount to neglect. I think that all states should do that and save themselves some time and money!
of course, the worker may still investigate to see if there are other issues, which is fine, i guess. but they know that vaxing is just not at all their problem.
We have similar laws in TX.

Although, you know what outrages me the most out of this whole story isn't the case but the fact that the pediatrician disclosed patient information to the social worker. :mad

TestifyToLove
05-26-2009, 08:53 PM
:yes2

M's social worker tried to contact our doctor without consent and not only did he refuse to give her any information but when she tried to call back, his staff would not let her near him again. Legally, he was still a fosterchild and I think he was supposed to give her information on M. But, she tried to snoop for information about me and DH and without a release form on hand, our doctor wasn't speaking to her again.

I cannot imagine a doctor so willing to violate HIPPA just because its a social worker snooping around. It still requires a medical release.