PDA

View Full Version : MUS Alpha

Cookie Momster
05-13-2009, 08:52 AM
I have been using a "home made" math curriculum for my 7yo. Next year I want to use Math U See Beta for her. I want to make sure she doesn't have any gaps though so I was thinking about getting a cheap used copy of MUS Alpha to do some review with her but don't want to shell out for the teacher's manual as well if I don't really need it. So those of you that have used MUS Alpha is the teacher's manual a must have?

Garland
05-13-2009, 09:00 AM
:no I don't think the Teacher's Manual is necessary at that stage. I didn't use it. It is mostly just getting familiar with the blocks and using them to show place value at that stage (along with some very beginning addition).

I :heart Math-U-See!

MidnightCafe
05-13-2009, 11:10 AM
I don't use the teaching manual much, though I have it. I use the DVD, student workbook, and test booklet. You wouldn't need the test booklet, either, if you're just using it for review. The DVD helped me get a good idea of why they were sequencing the material the way they were and what special "tricks" and techniques they were using to help kids understand & master the math. Mane would also rather listen to the DVD explanation than listen to me. :O

jenn3514
05-13-2009, 12:11 PM
I don't think the teachers manial is a must have for that stage.

domesticzookeeper
05-13-2009, 12:13 PM
We use Math-U-See and I don't think the manual is really necessary until you get into the higher levels :shrug3