PDA

View Full Version : If you co-sleep with 2+ kids

TuneMyHeart
04-29-2009, 05:07 PM
how do you handle one child waking another? Ellie has been in our bed more than usual lately, and they almost always wake each other up. :/

ViolaMum
04-29-2009, 05:56 PM
We finally had to move Pepper to her own bed. She's 3.5 and her toddler bed is right next to ours. She was sleeping sideways and hogging ALL the room, kicking her sister and waking her up. It just go to be too much - Dh and I just weren't sleeping. At first it was a little rough, but she knew we were right there and after a few nights was sleeping fine.

The funny thing is, we stayed with relatives last week and she was totally psyched to sleep in her own bed in the kid room - she insisted I stay in the grown-up room! She ended up sharing a bed with her sister and they got along well.

zak
04-29-2009, 05:59 PM
:think Mine snuggle and don't wake each other. :shifty :lol If anyone wakes up it's usually F because R has smacked him in the face or tossed his leg/foot over him or something. :haha

I sleep between them when I'm in bed with them, but they are pretty snuggly before I go to bed.

Teacher Mom
04-29-2009, 06:07 PM
my kids were always snuggle bunnies too. I don't recall there ever being a problem. What are their ages??

TuneMyHeart
04-29-2009, 06:51 PM
7 months and 3.

Anna Kate cries a lot, so that wakes Ellie up. :/ If you breath loudly 3 rooms away, Anna Kate wakes up. I have white noise, but they're both just really sensitive to noise for some reason.

Ellie normally sleeps in her room, but the last couple weeks she's been coming to our room at night and wanting to sleep in our bed (which is fine). But just her coming quietly in our room often wakes Anna Kate up.

I don't want to discourage Ellie from coming to our room. DH often goes in her room and sleeps with her, but sometimes Ellie wants to sleep with me too.

emmalouise
04-29-2009, 08:13 PM
Awww, that's rough. I'm lucky, M will sleep through L's crying even if it takes me ten seconds to get there from the lounge and they're lying right next to each other. What happens when they wake up? Are they hard to settle again?

mum2abby
05-04-2009, 10:48 AM
My kids snuggle and don't wake each other up most of the night...but come morning and DH getting ready for work its a whole other story!!!

Rabbit
05-04-2009, 11:07 AM
Mine sleep through just about anything, too. And they frequently snuggle into each other, when they do wind up side by side. Usually, there's at least one parent between them. Last week, I found them holding hands in their sleep.

ValiantJoy07
05-04-2009, 12:56 PM
I'm a bit worried about this.... DD was a "wakened by breathing" kind of baby - and VERY startled by loud noises in utero...This baby is VERY responsive to noises as well (more voices than house sounds though- dd would wake up from the door knob clicking IN UTERO!!!! she was sooo sensitive as a newborn everything woke her!) ... One thing we have done is moved dd to her own bed in our room- it is a twin sidecarred to our bed... She is sleeping better there - sleeping great actually...I'm hoping with DH and I between the kids they'll sleep okay... Playing it by ear...Just wanted to let you know you aren't alone on the light sleeper thing.

TuneMyHeart
05-04-2009, 05:58 PM
Thanks, Hannah Joy. I'm jealous of mamas whose babies who sleep through noises. Actually, I'm jealous of babies who sleep in general. :P~