PDA

View Full Version : What is your favorite material for cloth wipes?

MrsHutch
04-22-2009, 07:07 PM
Please share. :)

RosalieMarie
04-22-2009, 07:08 PM
My favorites have sherpa on one side and velour on the other. :)

peacefullone
04-22-2009, 07:17 PM
my favs are a gentle type of terry cloth...you know those wipes that are sold in the stores. But for baby butts, I like to use flannel wipes. they are soft. and strong. but if I'm wiping his butt a lot, or a sore nose, I like to use something softer, like maybe the smooth side of the store bought gentle type of terry cloth ones.

Yuliana
04-22-2009, 07:25 PM
Sherpa and velour.

Sherpa for poop.
Velour for everything else.

peacefullone
04-22-2009, 07:48 PM
I think velour is way too soft.

newday
04-22-2009, 07:50 PM
flannel on one side, terry on the other

cornflower
04-22-2009, 07:50 PM
Flannel is my fave. I found the double-sided wipes to be too thick for some jobs. :shifty You know those crevices where poop hides??? I like the thinner flannel to be able to get at the cracks.

newday
04-22-2009, 07:54 PM
Flannel is my fave. I found the double-sided wipes to be too thick for some jobs. :shifty You know those crevices where poop hides??? I like the thinner flannel to be able to get at the cracks.

true!
I do like thin wipes too...

usually though, if I am needing to clean a poopy bottom, I wash them in the sink. If it is just wet, I spray and wipe for a bit of freshness.

Rabbit
04-22-2009, 07:56 PM
Kissaluv wipes are my favorites. Looped, super soft terry on one side, knit on the other, while being all one layer. (It's how they're woven.) They're never stiff, and always absorbent.

BeckaBlue
04-22-2009, 07:58 PM
my faves are flannel on one side, velour on the other

peacefullone
04-22-2009, 07:59 PM
Kissaluv wipes are my favorites. Looped, super soft terry on one side, knit on the other, while being all one layer. (It's how they're woven.) They're never stiff, and always absorbent.

they sound wonderful...do you got a link?

TestifyToLove
04-22-2009, 08:00 PM
flannel on one side and french terry on the other (that's the soft terry versus the big loope terrycloth). Most things will at least work but I have a dozen with flannel on one side and fleece on the other. Fleece is a BAD material for wipes. Nearly impossible to get that fabric wet which means for wipes you're wasting your time. They're cute, they're soft but they don't do a darn thing for actually cleaning a dirty rump.

MtnMama
04-22-2009, 08:00 PM
flannel on one side, sherpa on the other!

flannel on one side and french terry on the other (that's the soft terry versus the big loope terrycloth). Most things will at least work but I have a dozen with flannel on one side and fleece on the other. Fleece is a BAD material for wipes. Nearly impossible to get that fabric wet which means for wipes you're wasting your time. They're cute, they're soft but they don't do a darn thing for actually cleaning a dirty rump.

a fleece wipe does seem like a bad idea. I'm wondering the point of that.

Rabbit
04-22-2009, 08:01 PM

they sound wonderful...do you got a link?

I've never bought from these people, but there's a pic, and a description:
http://www.nurturedfamily.com/detail.aspx?ID=331

The wipes don't stay square, though. They stretch into rectangles. Which bothers me none at all, and they still fold down to fit into wipe boxes.

BeckaBlue
04-22-2009, 08:04 PM
i do have a couple that are cotton knit on one and fleece on the other, i hafta leave them wetter, i use the fleece side to wipe the main poo off then fold to just use the other side to finish cleaning. it doesnt work too great but its not horrible...of course they are thick n bulky though

Rabbit
04-22-2009, 08:04 PM
Most things will at least work but I have a dozen with flannel on one side and fleece on the other. Fleece is a BAD material for wipes. Nearly impossible to get that fabric wet which means for wipes you're wasting your time. They're cute, they're soft but they don't do a darn thing for actually cleaning a dirty rump.

a fleece wipe does seem like a bad idea. I'm wondering the point of that.

I don't understand microfleece/polyester wipes at all. But there are also hemp or cotton fleece wipes. Then fleece just refers to the texture, which is combed terry. They're plenty absorbent and soft, but all of the fleecyness will wash away (and wind up in your dryer filter) until what you're left with are french terry wipes, which are still nice. Might as well start with the french terry, instead of the fleece.

musicmama
04-22-2009, 08:10 PM
I just made a bunch of flannel/bamboo fleece wipes and MAN are they nice. I might even switch to cloth wipes now :shifty

I made flannel/flannel too, and those seem nice as well, and flannel/french terry aren't as soft, but I think the terry will soften with washings :tu

The few times I've used cloth wipes they're just so much easier and require less wipings than disposable, but for some reason my hubby will NOT get on board with the cloth wipes!

(working on stocking my store :lol)

BeckaBlue
04-22-2009, 08:12 PM
absolutely! i can almost always clean jo w/ just one cloth wipe....i useta need to use 2-3 disposable wipes when i used em

justTrish
04-22-2009, 10:03 PM
All I have ever used is the little baby wash cloths from walmart, so I have nothing to comapre it too. They do the job well and don't break himout or anything. After reading this, though, I am thinking about trying some new stuff. Any excuse to buy CD supplies! :giggle

TestifyToLove
04-23-2009, 05:31 AM
LOL I don't like terry cause its soft. I like it because it scrubs. To this day, I cannot use disposable wipes on M. He has oily poops due to his CF. All disposable wipes do is smear it around. A good terry can scrub without being abrasive.

TuneMyHeart
04-23-2009, 05:41 AM
Disposable wipes are worthless compared to cloth! I like bamboo fleece and french terry the best. Kissaluvs terry wipes are my second favorite.

Mama Bird
04-23-2009, 06:05 AM
I took an old pair of holey jersey knit sheets and made wipes for Smiley. I measured the wipe warmer and made them to fit, figuring out how to fold them so they'll pop up. I LOVE the jersey knit even better than the flannel actually.