PDA

View Full Version : I NEED to get her OFF me....HELLLLLP!!!!!!!!

Ima LeShalosh
04-16-2009, 10:50 PM
Mira's bed time is 7ish. She climbs in my lap and there she stay until I take her to our bed (between midnight and 1am). I LOVE her in our bed and would not have it any other way. But the sleeping ON me from 7 to midnight is wearing on me AND my body. My legs cramp up because she is no light weight. I have a painful muscle cramp that has been plaguing me for days now and it is from her body (dead weight) resting on that spot night after night.

I have tried laying her down..she wakes. I have tried laying down with her and then getting up...she wakes. I have tried using a pillow in place of my body to "trick" her into thinking I was still there...she wakes.

I don't know how to get her off me! I want free time to do other things than parked in front of the PC all night. I have soooooo much I could get done every night if she was not ON me.

any ideas???

ArmsOfLove
04-16-2009, 11:15 PM
is she dressed warm enough? I found when I put the babies in what seemed inappropriately warm sleep clothes they stayed asleep as though they were on my body heat :think

mummy2boys
04-16-2009, 11:21 PM
No ideas here :shrug3 but I wish I could go back in time to when I had babies sleeping on me :heart :heart

CapeTownMommy
04-17-2009, 12:23 AM
is she dressed warm enough? I found when I put the babies in what seemed inappropriately warm sleep clothes they stayed asleep as though they were on my body heat :think

I found this too.

Ima LeShalosh
04-17-2009, 07:14 AM
When I dress her too warm she has sleepless nights and tugs at her clothes. I usually have her in cotton sleep sets with long sleeves and pants, but they are light cotton. We keep our house at 65...but she is so much like me, in that she HATES being hot.

ValiantJoy07
04-20-2009, 06:59 PM

:yes I've just discovered this with dd (wish I had figured it out last summer :doh) I have to bundle her up in blanket sleepers (fleece footie pj's) even if the room is 70+ degrees or she wakes up...She just seems to like to be warm. Also flannel or tshirt/jersey sheets or laying down a fleece blanket helped a lot when she was younger the shock of cool cotton sheets was too much...Does she have a lovey? I introduced (around 5mos) a gerber thermal receiving blanket that dd gets whenever we nurse (keeps her from picking on me) she loves the texture of it and rubs it between her hands and on her face while nursing or sleepy... I know at night she will often cuddle it because it smells like me/mamas milk.- though she's right next to me in her own bed. Do you work untill 12/1am is that the reason you're heading to bed so late? Could you try staying with her for a few nights (fully) and then slowly staying less and less ? :pray4 she reaches the point where you can help her wean from needing quite so much mommy holding...It's hard to feel touched out and sore. :hug2

ETA oops I saw that you already tried bundling- I would be like her I like the room cooooool! 65 is my happy temp especially right now :O

Ima LeShalosh
04-20-2009, 09:37 PM

:yes I've just discovered this with dd (wish I had figured it out last summer :doh) I have to bundle her up in blanket sleepers (fleece footie pj's) even if the room is 70+ degrees or she wakes up...She just seems to like to be warm. Also flannel or tshirt/jersey sheets or laying down a fleece blanket helped a lot when she was younger the shock of cool cotton sheets was too much...Does she have a lovey? I introduced (around 5mos) a gerber thermal receiving blanket that dd gets whenever we nurse (keeps her from picking on me) she loves the texture of it and rubs it between her hands and on her face while nursing or sleepy... I know at night she will often cuddle it because it smells like me/mamas milk.- though she's right next to me in her own bed. Do you work untill 12/1am is that the reason you're heading to bed so late? Could you try staying with her for a few nights (fully) and then slowly staying less and less ? :pray4 she reaches the point where you can help her wean from needing quite so much mommy holding...It's hard to feel touched out and sore. :hug2

ETA oops I saw that you already tried bundling- I would be like her I like the room cooooool! 65 is my happy temp especially right now :O
Thanks for your suggestions anyhow :kiss

I am a SAHM...my DH works 'till midnight and, try as I may, I simply can't sleep while he is gone :rolleyes2

I have tried a lovey as well...no go...*I* am her lovey :lol

Both my boys fell asleep on me, but I was able to lay them at least on the couch by this age. We will be starting some licensing classes for foster parenting next Monday. 1 night a week for 10 weeks she will not have mama during bedtime. I am hoping this will be a breakthrough period for her.