PDA

View Full Version : I just made a decision for next year...kind of long

mellymommy
04-03-2009, 08:56 PM
First I want to say that I am really blessed. I was thinking tonight as I was unloading the groceries how blessed I am that my pantry and fridge are full and we still have money left over for more when these run out, and money to pay the babysitter this week, etc. I am awed at how generous God has been to us (not bragging, just sharing my joy).

So, I am feeling very burnt out. With the three babies--two of whom have multiple weekly or bi-weekly therapies and none of whom walk--and the two big kids, I am stretched thin and feel very tired. I am using our state's VA for ds1 this year and HATE it. Dd goes to a Montessori preschool that I love but kind of wish I hadn't put her in because it is a hassle driving here there every day (I car pool, at least, so I don't have to pick her up) and since her surgeries in Dec. her immune system has been very weak, so she is picking up every little bug.

Anyway, for the past month I have been thinking about putting the kids in "regular" school. I feel like I need a break from having to take care of everyone all day every day. So, I checked out all the local schools...NONE of them felt right for ds1. I was open to keeping dd in her Montessori school for K but they raised the half-day tuition by $1,000/year, so that option is now out. So, I turned to the Father and asked what He wanted for the kids.

I knew what He wanted for them. :giggle He wants them home. I very wearily told Him that I need help to do that and He had to open dh's heart to hiring a babysitter/nanny to help me with the babies and the house so that I could really give the big kids the time and energy they need from me.

I told dh all that...he was quite enthusiastic about me actually wanting them home and gladly and quickly agreed to pay for help. So, we are taking the $$ we have been paying in tuition to dd's school, adding it to the $$ I spend already on babysitters each week and I have enough to hire a 20-hour/week nanny!!!

I'm THRILLED! I'm so happy that homeschooling the big kids will get the time and energy from me that it deserves without the babies suffering a lack of attention and care and the house won't get neglected either. I can't wait to get going on picking our curriculum. I have so many ideas and plans!

Thank you, Father, for seeing my need and seeing to it! You are Jehovah Jirah, indeed!

newday
04-03-2009, 09:17 PM
That sounds wonderful.
I had to read your siggy a few times to get it through my thick head what your home must be like right now. I think a bit of help is IN ORDER!!!

Praise God you and your husband are on the same page!
:rockon

Happygrl
04-03-2009, 09:21 PM
:heart

sprout
04-03-2009, 09:27 PM
yes, that is a great blessing! :heart

MarynMunchkins
04-04-2009, 06:06 AM
:rockon

klpmommy
04-04-2009, 06:09 AM