PDA

View Full Version : Sling for a Daddy?

AngelaVA
03-26-2009, 05:13 PM
My DD really likes the sling. My sling (it is a pouch sling) is too small for him even though he squeezes into it is really tight and cutting into his neck. He has really broad shoulders. Any suggestions on a good place to get him a Daddy sling? He'd like a solid color and a lower price than the $45 I paid for my Slingling ;)

TuneMyHeart
03-26-2009, 05:20 PM
My DH loves our mei tai :)

Annesil
03-30-2009, 08:09 AM
My dh also loves the mei tai.. i made it following the tutorial here, http://www. sleepingbaby.net/jan/Baby/ , which saved a lot of money.
ds had a cold this weekend and my dh kept wanting to wear him in the sling for naps, dh doesn't usually get to help ds sleep so he was cute and excited to help with the sick baby (and sleepy mama). :heart

CapeTownMommy
03-30-2009, 10:47 PM
Dh and I are close to the same size, so we both use the pouch sling. I'd probably get a ring sling for him if that weren't the case though, because it's similar but not size-specific.

tryin-to-FROG
04-01-2009, 03:58 PM
I would go with a ring sling that way you can adjust it to fit both of you if needed:) The maya wrap lightly padded sling is pretty popula with dads:)

March
04-09-2009, 10:50 AM
I know Hotslings makes men's sizes/colors, and they're doing free shipping this month. I'm not sure how much theirs is direct; I got mine at a boutique and paid nearly $60. :hunh I was desperate for something the baby would nurse in (and he does--but he won't sleep in it.)

I think direct, they're more in the $45 range. A good friend and AP mentor of mine once told me not to go for the cheaper end when it comes to pouches. DH and I agree to splurge on carriers because we'd like to have many different kinds--we figure different ones will get more use with different kids.