PDA

View Full Version : Ever get encouragement at the most random times?

nadezhda
03-25-2009, 04:30 AM
Tuesdays, we go to the Christian school for music, art, & PE. Yesterday was a bit different, as the CS was having testing, so we just had music. Plus, my DC haven't been feeling the greatest, so after we were finished w/music, I decided to take us all to McD's for some ice cream as a special treat. :yum

While in line, a woman approached us, gushing over my DC and telling me how much fun she had w/her DC when they were that age and how she HATED sending them off to school. I said, "Well, :smile I'm too selfish to send my kids away; we homeschool!" The woman hugged me ( :jawdrop ) and said, "OH! That's just fantastic! I didn't homeschool mine, of course, but I did get to homeschool my grandkids for a while." Then, she turned to my kids, gave them a big :tu and said, "You children are SO BLESSED to be homeschooled!"

I was kinda :hunh :shrug :smile :tu :rockon but hey, I'll take my encouragement where I get it, thank you!

Of course, after we got our ice cream & sat down, I heard someone behind the counter say, "Yeah, it's people like that who are just a waste of taxpayer money." I was :hunh :hunh (Did I hear that right? Is she talking about us?) at first, but the other woman heard, too, and she went :hunh :roll . I had no choice but to :haha as well. Unbelievable. :no

MudPies
03-25-2009, 05:02 AM
that is cool!!!

and like you don't pay taxes. I think they were confused.

Grover
03-26-2009, 10:10 AM
Must be the week for grey haired ladies encouraging homeschooling mothers.I had a compliment today on my 'Beautifully behaved children'.Certainly boosted me today

TrinMama
03-27-2009, 06:58 AM
That's awesome!

veggiegirl
03-27-2009, 11:12 AM
That's awesome! I hope I can encourage someone else in that way sometime.

2TMama
03-27-2009, 11:27 AM
:rockon on the encouragement..........what a blessing when someone is bold enough to share that w/ someone....and a STRANGER at that!

as for the taxes............... :hunh :scratch I have no idea. Yeah, it IS waste--- because rather than give my share of tax$ to the public schools, I could buy a whole LOT of really neat art supplies, books, dance/karate/music/swim/lessons................. ha ha :haha

nadezhda
03-27-2009, 04:19 PM
as for the taxes............... :hunh :scratch I have no idea. Yeah, it IS waste--- because rather than give my share of tax$ to the public schools, I could buy a whole LOT of really neat art supplies, books, dance/karate/music/swim/lessons................. ha ha :haha

:yes Exactly!! We throw OUR tax money into a school system that's failing the students, so who is it precisely who is wasting the money? :no Honestly, I have a friend who has a brilliant DS, but who struggles w/reading...only b/c of the way it's taught (sit still and pay attention :rolleyes ). I offered to tutor him b/c really, he just needs some activities worked in and he'll get it. :rockon My friend was :happytears :hug b/c otherwise, he'd have to go to summer school ( :hunh and get more of the same "teaching" that doesn't work for him?? :scratch ).

So, yeah, whose money is being wasted again? :giggle BUT it's great to know that someone who would NEVER even consider hsing her DC knows that my kids are getting the best education possible & trusts me w/her DS's literacy. :heart