PDA

View Full Version : Help my almost 7 year old sleep through the night please....

hey mommy
03-23-2009, 07:48 AM
About 3, maybe 4 days a week he will sleep all night. But I'm not sure if you can really call it that.. He just doesn't seem to need much sleep. He's always been that way. He either stays up late or wakes up super early.

If I don't snuggle with him at night, he'll stay up until about 10 playing with toys and then sleep until 6 or 7. If I do snuggle him to sleep, he'll go to sleep about 8:30 and wake up about 2. Sometimes, no matter what, he'll stay up late playing and still get up around 3 or 4.

I tried to snuggle with him at 3:30 this morning, but he was hungry, so after an hour or two, I gave up and got him some food and I went back to my bed. he never went back to sleep. He called people instead. :sigh Luckly by then it was after 5:30, but still..

I'm so exhausted. And dh knows it and isn't complaining that I'm nursing a giant cup of coffee.

HELP!!!!!!!!

relizabeth
03-23-2009, 08:02 AM
No advice but :hugheart

I was up with my 20 month old last night, part of his new pattern of getting up at 1 or 2 to play for a few hours. I actually wanted to let him CIO, but I couldn't. The crying is way more stressful than just letting him get up. I did let him fuss for a while after rocking him, giving him milk, changing his diaper and checking on him, but when it turned into crying I let him cry in his crib for about 10 minutes. It was miserable. When I brought him to my bed he snuffled in his sleep for a long time. This morning I'm giving him lots of extra hugs and kisses and I hope he will forgive me/I'll forgive myself... :sick

katiekind
03-23-2009, 12:31 PM
I don't know how to help him sleep better - does he have allergies or other issues? That must be so hard on you! What's your momma-sense of the situation?

When my boys were six or seven, after lights out they could listen to story tapes on their tape player. In the middle of the night if they woke up, they could come and finish out the night on a mat beside our bed. If they were sick or upset from a nightmare, they could climb into bed with us.