PDA

View Full Version : nightweaning help...

rebecuna
02-23-2009, 10:40 PM
For the last week or so I've started limiting nighttime access to "nursers", and generally it's been going well. However, the early morning times are really rough-- DS is waking about 5:30 or 6 am and asking to nurse/dozing on and off for the next hour and a half-- he used to wake then to nurse, go right back to sleep, and sleep until 7 or even 8. This morning he didn't go back to sleep at all, which means I didn't go back to sleep at all. :/ What I've explained to him is that after he nurses at night (to go to sleep), the "nursers" go to sleep until he hears the music on my alarm clock (at 7:15). I wanted to avoid him waking up early in the morning to nurse (like, nursing back to sleep before we were getting up) and give him a clear boundary. Is this something that is likely to get better soon or should I try something different? What would you suggest? I am hoping to wean him completely before the new baby comes. Right now he's only nursing 2-4 times per day (4 if he naps)-- right before sleep and about 80% of the time right when he wakes up.

tinyheaths
02-25-2009, 05:04 AM
As soon as I nightweaned mine they seemed to wake up earlier. My 5yo has started sleeping later so it gets better in a few years :hug2 You could try rolling over and playing dead that works for me sometimes. Also I have sun blocking curtains.