PDA

View Full Version : Cosleeping with newborn

BriansLovie
02-17-2009, 10:42 AM
How many of you sleep with your newborn in the crook of your arm all night? I really enjoy him being so close and being able to nurse all night as often as he wants, but sometimes I wish I could just roll on my back and just snuggle with my pillow LOL.

malakoa
02-17-2009, 09:05 PM
I didn't sleep with her in the crook of my arm all night. I put her in the middle of the bed or just lay on my side not far from her so i could nurse her without getting out of bed. I just pulled up my t-shirt.

T-shirts are good, btw because otherwise I became an all-night-diner.

Naked Camper
02-17-2009, 09:09 PM
I slept with both of my boys from birth. I, too, did not put them in the crook of my arm. They just laid beside me. Our bed has been pushed up against the wall, or we now have a portable bed rail against my side of the bed to keep DS safe at night. But he's always been there next to me :) I stayed more tummy-to-tummy with him (both side lying) most of the first couple of months, but as he got bigger and I got more comfortable, I felt more comfortable to sleep with my back turned towards him. If he was swaddled when he was teeny-tiny I would feel comfortable rolling away from him too. Just watch the edges of your bed and where your covers are. :wink

WI Mama05
02-17-2009, 09:09 PM
In the crook of my arm only if she's sick, otherwise she's on her side and I roll to my side and nurse her. :shrug I often roll away when she is done.

Blue Savannah
02-17-2009, 09:12 PM
:nak crook of my arm 'til I wake up because my arm fell asleep :giggle I love cuddling all night. :hearts

newday
02-17-2009, 09:16 PM
:nak crook of my arm 'til I wake up because my arm fell asleep :giggle I love cuddling all night. :hearts

this.

2sunshines
02-17-2009, 09:26 PM
We often start in that position until I need to roll over. Ds just loves being as close to mommy as he can get. :)

BearyBlessed
02-17-2009, 09:33 PM
I was sure I already replied. :scratch

this.

Same here. :yes

Jeanette598
02-17-2009, 09:42 PM
Dd2 starts the night in her crib, but after she wakes up and nurses she's often in the crook of my arm the rest of the night. :heart I like snuggling with her, and it feels really safe to me. :yes Dh likes it too because then he knows exactly where she is and he doesn't worry about rolling in to her. (He tolerates cosleeping but doesn't love it.)

Sign Of The Fish Burger
02-17-2009, 11:15 PM
Yup, this :giggle

Codi
02-18-2009, 12:26 AM
We sleep tummy-to-tummy until they get a bit bigger. I love snuggling all night. Although my back does not like me sleeping on my side so much.

BriansLovie
02-18-2009, 12:50 PM
I didn't sleep with her in the crook of my arm all night. I put her in the middle of the bed or just lay on my side not far from her so i could nurse her without getting out of bed. I just pulled up my t-shirt.

T-shirts are good, btw because otherwise I became an all-night-diner.

I guess i am an all night diner :lol