PDA

View Full Version : ****QUICK*** Crib Sidecar Question PLEASE HELP UPDATED WITH PIC on first page

Six Little Feet
02-15-2009, 05:15 PM
My DH attempted to sidecar the crib, but did not look up to see how to do it. I will have to fix it tomorrow. I need to know if it is OK for now, until I fix it. It is not flush with my mattress. I have pulled the crib mattress just over my mattress so sh can not fall to the ground but could fall of on to my bed. She is 19 months so , I am thinking the fall could not hurt her, She had not blankets and I sleep with on light blanket. My feeling is, that is it not perfect but it will make due for now. What are you opinions

Blue Aurora
02-15-2009, 05:17 PM
I'm having a hard time picturing it. Is the crib a higher height then your mattress?

Six Little Feet
02-15-2009, 05:29 PM
Yes

her mattress is resting on mine

Blue Aurora
02-15-2009, 05:31 PM
At 19 months I don't think it would dangerous for a night. I might put a pillow against it so it would be a softer roll down or sleep with my body crammed up against it.

Blue Aurora
02-15-2009, 05:33 PM
The only thing I would be careful about is minimizing a falling feeling off the edge. Something like that would have terrified my youngest and I would have had a hard time getting him back to sleep there once a scary association was made.

Calliope
02-15-2009, 06:05 PM
:think You can't drop the crib mattress position to a lower level? If it's too low at the next lowest setting, you could put blocks under the crib feet.

illinoismommy
02-15-2009, 06:07 PM
Can't you lower it? There's usually several settings for height-- we have 2 cribs (one for Maya in kids' room and one for Eli in ours :shifty) and its not too bad to change the height on either. I do it all by myself when I need to.

Six Little Feet
02-15-2009, 06:10 PM
Here are pictures

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f72/wiebe4/IMG_8916.jpg

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f72/wiebe4/IMG_8914.jpg

:think You can't drop the crib mattress position to a lower level? If it's too low at the next lowest setting, you could put blocks under the crib feet.

I will do that tomorrow.

Can't you lower it? There's usually several settings for height-- we have 2 cribs (one for Maya in kids' room and one for Eli in ours :shifty) and its not too bad to change the height on either. I do it all by myself when I need to.

Yes but the lower setting is too low. I am going to fix it tomorrow or the next day- MYSELF-DH just gave up.

Soliloquy
02-15-2009, 06:14 PM
I think it looks just fine. :shrug My concern would be tying the leg of the crib to your bedframe somehow to make sure the whole crib didn't slide during the night--or push the whole contraption up against the wall.

Another option (that works well for many family bedders) is to put both your mattress and her crib mattress right on the floor. Nor practical for this evening, but an option for tomorrow if this doesn't work.