PDA

View Full Version : She Fell Out of Bed!!!!!!

ValiantJoy07
02-13-2009, 09:30 AM
And now has a lovely shiner on her left eye!!!!!

I'm kinda annoyed with DH. We have a guard rail on my side of the bed because then I can breastfeed her on that side and cuddle with DH...So I never worry about her falling out... Well RJ was sleeping between DH and I (as she has done off and on since birth and at some point every night for the last few months) and she was in her early morning light phase of sleep: she tosses and turns a lot...Well DH is very thin and he was sleeping on his stomach and all of a sudden I hear this loud thud/bang and in my sleep I think "oh grrr, Ryan can't you control your elbows from knocking things off the bedside table?!?!? You're going to wake the baby!" (DH is very tall and has a very wide "wingspan" he is a tiny bit clumbsy some times :giggle) but then DD started screaming and I realized that DH hadn't knocked any thing...RJ had fallen out of the bed!!!!!!! :doh

It seems she had rolled on top of DH and off the bed!!!!!!! I was so mad at DH for not realizing what was going on and moving her back into the middle so she wouldn't get hurt. DD does have a tendancy to like to lay part of herself on TOP of us, but she's never just rolled over us before. I was mad my baby got hurt!

I think it only happened because DH came to bed very late and so he was still in deep sleep when DD was entering her morning active sleep stage. Usually we are more synchronized because DH goes to bed with us. Even so we're getting a gaurdrail for DH's side of the bed this weekend...We're blessed that DD only got a few scrapes on her face and didn't get a concussion or break a bone!!! Oh and our bed is 2.5-3 ft high because we can't afford to lose the under the bed storage, so it was quite a fall. :(

Has this happened to anyone WITH gaurdrails?? I am a little nervous to have her in our bed anymore, I kinda want to keep her on my side of the bed from here on out since I am usually very aware of her and where she is at. But part of me would hate to take that snuggling time away from DH and RJ, he loves waking up and finding that she had snuggled into his arms in her sleep.

tinyheaths
02-25-2009, 05:09 AM
My dd1 rolled off the foot of my bed which was on the floor and split her lip. It looked like she had been punched. I felt bad but she has not fallen out again. Maybe they are more careful after they fall.

ValiantJoy07
02-25-2009, 09:35 AM
My dd1 rolled off the foot of my bed which was on the floor and split her lip. It looked like she had been punched. I felt bad but she has not fallen out again. Maybe they are more careful after they fall.

DD hasn't been wanting to sleep near DH since her fall! I feel kinda bad, but not worrying about her falling out so much, she did try to roll off the foot of the bed last night, but I was awake and pulled her back up... Crazy sleeper! :phew