PDA

View Full Version : S slept better on vacation

klpmommy
01-29-2009, 06:10 PM
I don't know if it is because I gave up soda the day we left or if it was being outside all day long & getting sunshine & exercise. But she slept really well until she got sick last night. We are talking one wake up to nurse, nurse back to sleep, done. Then nurse at wake up time. But no middle of the night parties, no extended nursing until I want to scream (until the fever hit, but that was different).

SO I am praying & hoping that it will continue. I would love to sleep well again & get rested before this baby comes.

La Loba
01-29-2009, 06:15 PM
Was the head of the bed facing a different direction to what you normally sleep at home? ie. was it facing north rather than east?

klpmommy
01-29-2009, 06:16 PM
I don't know. :scratch We slept in three different beds in three different hotel rooms.

Calliope
01-29-2009, 06:19 PM
:shifty Is north better?

Victorious
01-29-2009, 06:48 PM
odd's sleep DRAMATICALLY improved after a day long trip to the zoo.

MarynMunchkins
01-29-2009, 08:58 PM
She's probably worn out.

Or just warm. :P~

La Loba
01-30-2009, 12:19 AM
:shifty Is north better?

I have heard several people (sleep experts) say that north is optimal, east second best and the south and west both the worst.

I have got to say.... J slept much better when his head was towards the north, and literally the day we moved house and the bed was west facing, he began waking 8+ times a night.

Maybe coincidence :shrug

But what I've read about it has always stuck with me.

klpmommy
01-31-2009, 11:39 AM
:sigh based on last night, I am going to say that FL sleep is just better than MI sleep. I think it was being out in the sun, the excitement & exercise that helped the most. I was *so* hoping that it wasn't a fluke of vacation.