PDA

View Full Version : Ready to make the switch but am kind of lost Can you help?

trustingGod2
01-19-2009, 06:18 AM
I have read so many threads here and linked to many different sites I really have several basic needs as always price is important I also have 3 children 18lbs to 38lbs. We do plan on having more children so the one size looks right but if I'm right you can only buy those as a AIO which I can't afford to buy so many so maybe prefolds and fitted covers in 3-4 sizes? Those of you using CD for multiple ages what do you use I also don't want to be washing every day like every 2.5 would be better. So I'm lost their are just too many options but with our tax return we really want to make the switch. :nails

MomtoJGJ
01-19-2009, 06:31 AM
Well, if you want cheap and durable and "one size" I'd suggest premium prefolds. They would most likely work with all of your children (probably would have to do different folds). I prefer pull up style covers and pinning the diapers, but trifolding them with a wrap style cover would make them DEFINITELY work with all of your kids...

But, one size diapers aren't always AIOs... they make one size pockets. I have a few bumgenius and they are pretty good, especially for church. I really want to try some Happy Heiny one size because I like their regular diapers.

Seriously though, depending on the build of your children you might not need one size diapers to work with all of them. My kids get into medium pocket diapers at about 4-6 weeks and can wear them forever. My now 4yo was wearing them 6 months ago at bedtime double stuffed and they were actually snapped tighter than on my 2yo.

I'd say get a bunch of prefolds/covers and a few other types to see what works best for you.

FaithfilledGranolaChick
01-19-2009, 06:34 AM
You can buy one size as pockets, like bumGenius. I know there are tons of other one size pockets.... I am thinking about Wahmies http://littlefornow.com/catalog.php?item=187 Google "one size pocket diapers" and so much comes up.

I've also seen some one size fitteds, but then you'd have to buy different size covers.

(I was typing same time as momtoJGJ) so sorry if I repeated anything :)

trustingGod2
01-19-2009, 07:30 AM
I haven't seen either brand mentioned on the which do you like threads these offer great packages Kissaluvs and Bummis any thoughts

2sunshines
01-19-2009, 07:31 AM
I would avoid kissaluvs for older kids. They are soft but just not very absorbent. They are GREAT for newborns though (kissaluv 0s) but older than that, mostly worthless.

Bummis are covers and they are pretty nice. :yes My fave covers are thirsties and motherease airflows.

AngelaVA
01-19-2009, 03:17 PM
I would avoid kissaluvs for older kids. They are soft but just not very absorbent. They are GREAT for newborns though (kissaluv 0s) but older than that, mostly worthless.

A lot of people say they aren't absorbant enough, but I like kissaluvs with a doubler for my toddler. I would recommend trying a few options if you've never done cloth before committing to something. It's tempting to go get a big package of something, but what if you hate it or it doesn't fit your kidos right? I really wanted to do prefolds when I switched with my daughter as a toddler but I tried and tried and could never get them pinned in a way that she didn't hate them and totally freak out, I would have been really bummed if I would've had a whole kit of them. If you want a one sized option maybe go to the diaper pin and read the reviews on one sized diapers and decide on a few you want to try and just buy a couple of each, then you can either enjoy the variety and add to your favorites or resell the ones that aren't your favorites and buy more of the ones you like.