PDA

View Full Version : EC and catching meconium

Kiwi Mama
12-22-2008, 07:15 PM
Just wondering if anyone has any experience with catching meconium with EC? I heard (can't remember where) that you can do it and might make things easier down the track but I have no idea how easy it will be to hold a newborn, feed them and hold a little potty under them all at once. Also, how many times a day do they pass meconium for the first few days?

zak
12-23-2008, 07:15 AM
:welcome to GCM!

I know BlossomNatalia EC'd from birth. I've read enough books, but never done it from birth (started at 9 weeks with my 2nd child, 5 months with my 1st child). I know that F had 10 poos the first and second day, literally like 20 poos.

:popcorn to see how others experienced this!

Zipporah
12-30-2008, 08:13 AM
We didn't EC from birth either but we did have ds completely nakie most of the time for the first few days because it was sooo hot. I kept a towel or doubled flat dipe between us for feeds and caught most of his mec poos that way. It was loads of laundry though (not such a problem in Perth summer but might be an issue for you).

arelyn
01-07-2009, 10:13 AM
We weren't really ECing from birth but DS is just an EC sorta guy. He was fussy and squirmy so I took off his diaper thinking he was wet. He was dry but he let out a little sigh and whoosh...a mercomnium flood!! Luckily I was using an extra chux pad to line his co-sleeper! He didn't have any more except a little blob a week later ( I have no idea what was up with that).

So, I'm not sure if that helped but there's our experience with merconuim!