PDA

View Full Version : How do you think this would work?

honkytonkmama
12-15-2008, 12:55 AM
Our son is two, and still spends most of the night in bed with us. In march we will be having another little one.

Has anyone had any luck with putting a twin (or larger) bed next to their bed, and having there older child sleep in the smaller bed? I am just so worried about DS kicking the baby in his sleep.

Firebird Rising
12-15-2008, 01:15 AM
Our son is two, and still spends most of the night in bed with us. In march we will be having another little one.

Has anyone had any luck with putting a twin (or larger) bed next to their bed, and having there older child sleep in the smaller bed? I am just so worried about DS kicking the baby in his sleep.

We have our king mattress and boxsprings on the floor with a toddler bed snuggled between ours and the wall. DS1 sleeps happily all night in his toddler bed while I sleep with baby on the far side and DH sleeps next to DS1 to deal with him in the night if something's wrong. When I was pregnant, we started transitioning DS1 to having DH care for him through the night and we nightweaned during that time as well. It works exceptionally well for us. I'm not sure what we'll do once we have another one or move into a larger house.

Jen D.