PDA

View Full Version : 7 month old waking to "play"

Lady Grey
12-11-2008, 08:01 AM
He doesn't really do much, just waves his arms around and talks LOUDLY and is awake for an hour. During the last two weeks or so this has happened probably at least half of those nights.

Any ideas or am I just stuck riding this out? This is one scenario where cosleeping sure has a disadvantage, because it disturbs everyone. (though dd sleeps through it luckily) So I've been getting up and taking him to the living room. I know not to make things too exciting, so I keep the lights dim and just stick him on the floor while I read until he is ready to nurse to sleep again. sigh......

Psyche
12-11-2008, 08:05 AM
Ride it out. Could you take him to another bed rather than the living room? When DS1 went through this I think I nursed him alot during that period. Of course we had the crib side cared so I just went to sleep and moved him back to his bed if he tried to crawl over me (there was no way for him to get out of his bed without climbing on me). And I think I said lots of "Shhh, its night night time." Not that it had a lot of effect but it made me feel like I was being proactive.